How to highlight one person in a crowd?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

How to highlight one person in a crowd?

Postby wilddove » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:18 pm

I have several very Old, very Bad photos of groups of people. I also have newer, current day photos of some of those people in the group photos.
I would ideally like to show the whole group for a few seconds, then Zoom in on the person I want to highlight, then fade that zoomed in picture into the current day photo.....if that makes any kind of sense at all... :-)
The problem is the Old, Bad photos....zooming in does not work at all...they become extremely pixelated and it just looks bad...

Do any of you know a way to sorta "Highlight" one person in a group photo (while still showing the group) to sorta indicate that that person is the one you want them to pay attention to????

If anyone can figure out what I just asked, I sure would appreciate some ideas and suggestions! :-)

Thanks,
Deb

foutjo

Postby foutjo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi Deb,

Here is a tutorial I found a few days ago that helped me. I think it might be what you want.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=127032

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:14 am

Deb

The 'highlight has already been answered, but maybe the pixelation is because the 'old photo' has been scanned at low resolution. Try a scan at a higher resolution this should ease or eliminate the problem.

Brian

Postby wilddove » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:34 am

Thank you, Joe, for pointing me to that tutorial....That is Exactly what I needed!

And Brian, Unfortunately I do not have the original Old Photos....wish I did....sometimes you just gotta try a make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! :-)

Thank you both for helping!!

Deb

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting