jerky movements

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

jerky movements

Postby amazingmary » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:24 am

Anyone know how to smooth out jerky movements when moving photos? I have tried the smooth options everywhere but there is still the jerky movement as the photo moves across the screen- I have Producer... thanks for anyones help!!! :cry:
Amazing Mary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:16 am

Mary

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you seeing the jerky movement. Is it in the 'preview' within PSP or is it in a rendered show.
Depending on the capabilities of your computer the preview withing PSP may look jerky as it is trying to compute and render a moving target in real time. When you render to DVD, or similar, it does this slower than realtime and you should not see jerkiness on the final output.

Brian

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 am

Video/graphics card??

Don't really know what you are referring to, but if you are using a computer with a 'not so new' video/graphics card, movements on your screen might be a bit slow or 'jerky'.

But once you view your show on a another computer with a better card or on a T.V. screen, it will turn out better.

Hope this might help.

Magnus

Jerky Movements in PROSHOW Producer

Postby amazingmary » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Thanks for your help Brian and Magnus

Yes, this is in preview in PROSHOW Producer-

I am new using keyframes and multiple layers of photos in one frame and thought I was missing something in the process- I know that when I set motion on one single frame/single photo there are no jerky motions (very smooth) but with the layers/keyframing there is big time stop and go jerky motion when I set the movement for each layer- so don't know if it WILL be seen differently on a burned DVD but will give it a try. Thanks!
Amazing Mary

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting