Help required with PSP, Vista and new laptop.........

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Help required with PSP, Vista and new laptop.........

Postby spudger » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:17 am

Morning

This is spooky - but I was just about to ask almost the same question as Texan - except that I have already purchased the laptop - and it has Vista - I have had quite a few problems with the laptop but not sure whether it is because of vista or just a "friday afternoon" built computer.... Over the weekend we had to restore the laptop back to factory settings and I have reloaded PSP - and now it constantly crashes - cant even drag and drop a single photo into a new show -would appreciate any ideas about what to do.

I have downloaded the latest version of PSP (v 3.0 build 1991) and have just emailed photodex for help.

Any suggestions to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sharon (Spudger)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Sharon

Is it just PSP that is crashing or do you have problems with any other software? Have you run a check on the harddrive for errors?

Not sure about Vista but for XP it is under properties, tools when a disc is right clicked.

Brian

Valued Member

Postby spudger » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Brian - Thanks for the reply

No, it seems that it is just PSP - everything else works fine - I still havent heard from Photodex but hopefully I will hear soon.

It just crashes - I try and drag and drop a photo and it crashes - if I try and add a photo from the layers it will also crash

If I write something in the captions box it will take that but if i want to change the fly in, fly out, etc it just goes blank and you cant even close down
The program just goes a white-ish grey and sits there saying not responding and you cannot close the program without pressing ctrl alt del. It is driving me mad. I do have another laptop with XP and no problems at all......

Any ideas -

sharon

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting