Problem with avi

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Pierre

Problem with avi

Postby Pierre » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:00 am

As a new member of this forum (I like it a lot) I would like to discus the next problem.
In many shows from me I could import avi files in my shows without problems.
This time sometimes PS (Producer) works allright, but many times it simply crashes.
The avi files comes from JASC animation-shop, after a giff to avi saving.
Even with mpeg PS crashes, but not yet with MPEG2
I've several times searched for the problems in PS and in animationshop but can not find the solution.
Can you help me?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 am

Pierre

Welcome to the forum.

PSP does seem to be very choosey with video files. Unless they are completely 'error free', which other programs seem to ignore, PSP crashes.

There has been posts where converting an mpg to avi has worked, and even converting to avi and back to mpg has worked. I am not familiar with Animation-shop so can offer no help with that program and its output files.

Brian

Rik 101

Not liking video files

Postby Rik 101 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Hello. Yes I frequently have problems with PSP not accepting video files.

Whats has worked on frequent occasions for me is either system restart. or opening and saving the file again with Premiere Elements.
i also recently got Quicktime Pro and have saved files as a Quicktime and these have worked successfully when avi's have not

Three Times In utter frustration when both of these have failed. I have reinstalled Producer (1974) and everything has started working again
I try and run a very clean system. Regular defrags.
PSP is relatively new to me but I have done quite a bit of video editing and good housekeeping helps avoids issues there.

My thoughts: Try resaving the video file with a different setting and see if that works. There are many different codecs and types of files even within a file type.
For example I know of at least 8 different types of avi.

Hope this helps- remember you are not alone with this.
Regards Rick

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting