ProShow Producer 3.0.1974

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

ProShow Producer 3.0.1974

Postby kneedeep » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 am

Hi,

Just wondering if it is me or ......

I have not been able to play slides that have added to a show once I have saved it. I can added slides, yet when I play the show, the new added slides do play?? Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:35 am

No, I can't say that I've seen this.
Just to be on the safe side, check if any of the new slides have "pause" pressed instead of play.
It's a red sign made of two vertical lines, instead of the regular grayed "play" one.

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:39 am

cherub wrote:No, I can't say that I've seen this.
Just to be on the safe side, check if any of the new slides have "pause" pressed instead of play.
It's a red sign made of two vertical lines, instead of the regular grayed "play" one.

Hi,

Yes, I have checked and re-checked for the pause, the pause is off. That is exactly how it is acting though.

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 am

Sometimes a certain slide/effect/keyframe can cause problems for no apparent reason.
Try to delete the first new slide or to replace it with another one, and see if the problem persists.

Another advice, often given in this forum, is that the file showname.pxc gets corrupted and must be deleted.
Close Producer and with Windows Explorer delete this file. Normally it is in the same place where you saved your show.
Be careful not to delete the psh file.
Restart Producer. It will take awhile to rebuild the file, but nothing will happen to your show.
See if this solves your problem.

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:54 am

cherub wrote:Sometimes a certain slide/effect/keyframe can cause problems for no apparent reason.
Try to delete the first new slide or to replace it with another one, and see if the problem persists.

Another advice, often given in this forum, is that the file showname.pxc gets corrupted and must be deleted.
Close Producer and with Windows Explorer delete this file. Normally it is in the same place where you saved your show.
Be careful not to delete the psh file.
Restart Producer. It will take awhile to rebuild the file, but nothing will happen to your show.
See if this solves your problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.

FYI, I did the delete of the showname.pxc. Then open the show, it did take awhile to load up. but it did and then I try running the slides that were added, again the show stop before the end. So, I am thinking that maybe it is something in the KeyFrames of the added slides. I am going to delete them and start over.....will let you know how that turn out.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting