caption

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
WALLY

caption

Postby WALLY » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:09 am

How do you do a see thru caption. A greenhorn.

Re: caption

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:23 am

WALLY wrote:How do you do a see thru caption. A greenhorn.

Like this ? :D
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=4469

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

WALLY

caption

Postby WALLY » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:43 am

Thanks Mickey but I am lost. All I want is a see thru caption no fading noyhing, I am a rookie at this and the information you provide is great and I am trying to learn. Keyframing drove me up a wall but it is starting to come around. I APPRECIATE ANY HELP i CAN GET. psp 1967

lisco

Postby lisco » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm guessing here, but I would say that all you needed to do is follow the instructions as set out in the tutorial, but leave out the KF's and set your opacity to whatever you want.

Sound about right?

Scott

Postby debngar » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:11 pm

How you do this depends on whether you want to reveal the image behind the black part of the screen or not, whether you want to move the caption - etc. You need to have some kind of working knowledge or understanding of layers, moving things, transitions of layers or at least be willing to play and observe what things affect other things. If you don't, maybe you are getting ahead of yourself. Those are all different scenerios that take time to experiment with to get what you want. That takes a lot of explaining all those different scenerios and hand holding too - sort of like running before you learn to walk.

These Producer tutorials have to assume that the user has some basic knowledge or the tutorial will bog down the viewer with things like file, open, save, etc etc.

The basic concept of a see through caption is in the "Use Texture On Caption" options.

Click option "use texture on caption" - this is in the Caption windwow.
Pick "Image" = Browse and insert the image file you wish to see through the caption.
Pick "Fill Frame" - from the drop down menu.

If you don't want the opacity to change, just leave that part out. That occurs in a totally different window and is not related to the caption anyways.

I just picked to key frame the slide so you could see the change in the opacity as someone wanted that effect. There are other hidden things going on too like the image zooming a little but only after the caption has totally exited the screen. That is a whole 'nuther ball 'o wax.

Often if someone isn't getting something, they are missing a key step. (Hopefully I didn't leave any important part of the instruction out)

Take some time to experiment - you will get it eventually and probably discover some other fun things along the way.

Debbie

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:12 pm

To add to what Debbie said, I have a folder just for "test shows"
where I will create a very simple test show with just a few slides
and the sole purpose is just to test out some feature. It makes it
a lot easier when you are trying to learn something new to just
have a very short "test show" you can quickly experiment with instead
of trying to work with a full show. Once you figure it out, then move
what you have learned over to the main show. You'll find it is easier
that way.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

WALLY

caption

Postby WALLY » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:08 am

It was plain as the nose on my face and I have been doing it and didn't realize it. Ihave sprnt so much time learning keyframing my mind is blank I am startingto understand iy. You provide a foutain of information and I hope that someday I will be able to return the favor. Thank You

WALLY

caption

Postby WALLY » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:15 am

It was plain as the nose on my face and I have been doing it and didn't realize it. Ihave sprnt so much time learning keyframing my mind is blank I am startingto understand it. You people provide a foutain of information and are willing to share. I hope that someday I will be able to return the favor. Thank You :lol:

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting