ProShow Producer crashes my computer.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
suzq49

ProShow Producer crashes my computer.

Postby suzq49 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:54 pm

First, I'd like to thank everyone for all the ideas and work they give this forum. I've been reading it for several months and have used several of the ideas here just to get me learning. I just recently purchased Professional after using Gold for over a year.

My question here is: Not sure why ProShow Producer is crashing my IntelliStation Z Pro. It works fine on my other computer. I made a simple sample show to test it and the first slide that comes up freezes then crashes everything. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:11 am

First thoughts. Did you install it without antivirus running?

Try an uninstall and reinstall.

Brian

suzq49

Postby suzq49 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:12 pm

I did install PSP without my antivirus running. I think it could be my video card.

Rik 101

Postby Rik 101 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:26 am

Just read your posting
Are you still having problems? I initially had the same problems and thoughts and was muttering lots but did a big cleanup on my system. and Reinstalled (several times) but has been working mostly ok since then.
As others have said before me- Producer does seem to flip out over certain slides ( files/ file types) I have several QT animations which if i use in a show crashes it but they are ok using in Premiere. I cant figure that one but just accept it and work around it.

Hope you get an answer.

Rick ;)

Postby Yanis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 pm

Greetings suzq49,

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago. The weirdest thing was everything worked fine and then my system just started crashing all of sudden. I can assure that nothing changed other than this one Windows updates I received. I tried a System Restore to try to undo the update but that didn't help.

Since I have been pondering about upgrading my video card, I went ahead and did it and at the same time I upgraded my OS to Vista. I haven't had the problem since. I'm not saying you have to upgrade to Vista if you are still using XP. However, I would definitely try upgrading the video card. Buy it from Best Buy so you can return it if that doesn't help.

Hope this info helps.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Things that run at the driver level, have tremendous potential to
take your systems down. It is not just Producer either -- if you spend
any time in the video editing groups, you will also find people having
issues with sound cards and video cards. Make sure you have the
latest drivers for them (go to the manufacturers website and get the
latest drivers). It is amazing how many times updating either the
sound or video drivers will cure the crashes.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting