transparancy

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

transparancy

Postby British_Bulldog » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:40 am

hi...this isnt really a PP thing....i have a picture and i want to take a piece out of it and make that piece transparant,so i can put something in there in its place...sorta make it like a mask???...hope u understand that.......and im using photoshop 7 cheers and beers all

andy

Re: transparancy

Postby andy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:56 pm

British_Bulldog wrote:hi...this isnt really a PP thing....i have a picture and i want to take a piece out of it and make that piece transparant,so i can put something in there in its place...sorta make it like a mask???...hope u understand that.......and im using photoshop 7 cheers and beers all

Hi BB,
One very quick way (of many ways I know) is as follows:
1/ Open Picture in Photoshop 7
2/ rename file (picture) and save as a PSD file
3/ go to Layers palette and right hand click on ‘Background’ (highlighted in Blue by default)
4/ select ‘Duplicate layer then say yes to naming it ‘Background Copy 1’
5/ once again right hand click on ‘Background’ (and not on the new Copy 1 you have just created)
6/ now select ‘Delete Layer’ and say yes to delete
7/ now select the Rectangular Marquee Tool (there are lots of other tools we could use to do the same thing)
8/ click within your picture holding down your mouse button until you have created the box or shape you are after then release the mouse button
9/ I am sure you know how to move and/or reshape your selected shape/box to where you would like the transparent window to be within your picture , when you are, just press the keyboards Delete key …..and there you have it 'a hole in your picture!!!!!
10/ resave the file still as a PSD file or a PNG file DO NOT SAVE IT AS A JPG file
11/ good luck, :(
andy

thank you

Postby British_Bulldog » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:38 am

thank you andy will play with that this weekend

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting