Can't output anything other than an executable

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
duskpoo

Can't output anything other than an executable

Postby duskpoo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:00 pm

Not sure why this is happening but I've spend the last 3 days creating some amazing slideshows since buying psp finally, and I want to put them on my webpage, but it freezes everytime I try to create a webshow or a flash show. I've tried every setting on both and nothing works. I can however export a high resolution executable....but that won't help me put my movie on my webpage. It needs to be small and play inside the interface.

duskpoo

Postby duskpoo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Would like to add that I just tried to make an iso file, and same thing. The whole program actually crashes on me as it's rendering. the second it hits 9%, it's toast.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, I have not seen anyone with that complaint before.
I'll try some questions that may give us a clue as to how to help
you and see if we can go from there:

- What version of PSP are you using (version/build) ?
- What OS and patch level ?
- How much RAM in your system ?
- How much free space on your hard drive partitions ?

Corrupt audio or photo files have been known to crash
the program, however, I have never heard anyone say
that what crashed it in building a DVD mode or web mode
worked fine for an exe (on the other hand, maybe no one
else has been down that path :wink: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 am

Welcome to the forum.

As Mikey has said, there are various things that can go wrong, from corrupt video (if used), corrupt slides and audio, to corruption of the Producer installation.

I would first try deletion of the .pxc file which is produced during render. This is in the same location as where you saved the show, DO NOT delete the .psh file. Now does the show render in the required format.

If this fails, exit Producer and delete the cpic.opt and def.phd. files in the 'my programs', 'photodex', 'producer' directory. These will be recreated when Producer is restarted. For some reason these can get corrupted and cause wierd problems, then try rerendering again and burning.

If this fails I would uninstall and reinstall Producer. Not that I have had to do this,but other members have.

Brian

duskpoo

Postby duskpoo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:19 am

Thanks guys, the first thing I tried is what worked. It kept freezingh at 9%, right on a certain slide, so i removed that slide and replaced it and then it finally worked....although now I'm having another issue. The last slide goes black before it's done with the slow fade out and the music just keeps on going. Doesn't do that in the program, just in the web file. I'm going to try to replace that slide today and see if that fixes it.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting