Missing Music

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
ProShow Hall of Fame

Missing Music

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:26 am

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem...Missing Music.

Last week a solution was found to resolve the fact that certain shows from the Photodex site wouldn't play all the way through and hang in the same place on certain computers. It turned out to be a presenter problem. The fix was to uninstall Producer and to uninstall Presenter. Then reboot, and reinstall the newest version of Producer. The shows that did not play before now play all the way through.

Today I decided to open up a show in Producer ver.1942 to tweak it and to my surprise all the soundtracks I used are missing. I had been using ver.1935. So today was the first time I have opened the new version. Anyway, missing files usually happen with photos but I have never had this happen with the music. Even the music attached to slides is missing. It does ask me to locate the files but unfortunatly the window with the file names are not named correctly. In other words instead of calling the file by a name it simply said file missing 1.wav or 9.wav etc. I tried the PXC file thing that usually works with photos but it didn't help with the music..

It looks like I will have to find a backup copy to fix this since I don't know what 1.wav really is supposed to be named or what the song is really named. Since I use movie soundtracks alot they have "movie scene" or sequenced names anyway so it is not like popular music where the name of the song is well known. I may have to go to the photodex site and play back the uploaded show just to listen to the sequence of songs and then locate them on my hard drive to see what they are really named to correctly match them to the show in proper sequence.

Has anyone else experienced this problem of missing music?

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:06 pm

Hmmm- haven't seen that since I installed 1942 the other day
although I did have to find some of the files, however, I had also
been changing directories working on some other stuff and as
such was not concerned. I did have to fiddle with the view to
get it to show the files the way I expected. I have not seen it
rename the silly things unless that is some sort of internal
reference it uses when it can't find a name. Take a look in the
.psh file with a text editor -- what does it think the file names are
for the music ??? Only thing that comes to mind right off hand,
but I just got home from driving for 6 hours and my brain
either needs a nap or wine ..... actually, maybe both would be
a good choice :D :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Missing files

Postby DanDan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:20 am

Hi Ben, and Mikey,
I updated also when I saw Deb's post and Photodex's recomendations. I was using 1935 also. I have only reopened a couple of previous shows so far. No missing music files, but each had a few missing photo files, which I was able to locate. As far as I can recall I had not moved any photo files for either show. In one show, a background was missing, the name was showing in lower case. I located the file, right where I knew it should be, even though the actual file name included capital letters. Otherwise no problems with updating shows play fine.
One side note, any of the saved .px files (tutorials etc.) would not open, or so I thought. Somehow with the update, I am no longer able to just double click to play. I have to choose the program (Presenter) to open. They do play fine, but I first thoght oh no, am I going to have to download (save) again.

Have a good day guys!
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:40 am

Thanks Danx2 and GPSMikey,

I figured out what happened. The music files are missing because I deleted them... :oops: Proshow was looking in the right place but they were not there. So I had to improvise.. The show is one that I have uploaded awhile back so I simply opened and played it in presenter and used Audacity to record the whole soundtrack at once and saved it as one long song. Even the music or sounds attached to individual slides are recorded. Then I drug it onto Proshow editor as a new soundtrack and deleted the old ones because they don't exist. A little adjusting from left to right and everything lines up.

As to the deletion of the music files in the first place, well I was trying to free up some drive space and thought those files were not being used or were duplicates...guess they were definatly not duplicates but were the originals. Sigh!

Thanks for responding,

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:59 am

Gee - I'm sure glad I've never done anything like that :roll:

Glad you got it sorted out. Most people think backups are for
when you have a disk crash -- the reality is they are for when
your brain kicks in 30 ms AFTER you confirmed the
"Are you sure you want to delete these files" button has been
clicked with this horrible sinking feeling of "Oh oh, I don't think
I should have done that ... " :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:28 am

GUILTY! :oops:

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting