Music Problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Music Problems

Postby HunnyB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Has anyone had problems with their music "skipping" a little during
their shows? Almost every show I do, the music will have a little cliche in it.
It is the main thing I dread when previewing a new show.
And it only does it after I have burned a DVD.
Usually will not do it on a CD.
Any suggestions? :(

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:17 pm

Haven't seen that. It does the skip when the DVD is played on a TV+player combination? Tried it on more than one player?

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby HunnyB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:23 pm

It is in the program, because it will do it on my church's computer at the
same spot it does it on mine.
Very aggrevating.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:28 pm

Okay, that establishes that it does it on at more than one computer but does it do it when you use a TV+player combo?

If you output to an EXE and play that on your machine do you see the audio skip?

Does the video show any problem at the same point?

To me, it sounds like there's some kind of issue with rendering the audio (hence the EXE and video questions) but I can't quite imagine what might be going on that would show up like that.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Dick

Postby HunnyB » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:49 am

I have not tackled the output to an EXE yet.
It does it on the church's computer, and it does it on my home TV-DVD combo.
I had one show I did for a dear friend, and 1/2 through the show the music stalled and did
weird things on every DVD I burned. BUT it did not do it when I burned a CD video.
And do you know that even when I deleted the songs, added them back, it even did it
again, in the exact spot. I FINALLY fooled with the show for a few weeks, deleting stuff, moving photos around,
and got it to work. I can't even remember now what exactly made that show work.
But, I have this problem happen toooooo much.
A show I did this week went good for a client's 50th birthday party. But even in that show I noticed a tiny spot in
the music, but it kept playing to the end okay.

Is there a place on here that will give me step to step instructions on outputting to an EXE???????
I will try that next. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!
HunnyB
HunnyB

Postby kp » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:09 am

Does it skip while in PSP or only after burning?

It may be an issue in the burning to DVD process. You could try utilizing a slower burn speed (i.e. if you have a 8x burner and a 1x - 16x DVD, use the 4x burn option). This may just be an issue with DVD burning.

Of course, I can't even get PSP to burn period, so best of luck!

Postby mrkitzel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:05 am

Hi,

I agree with the previous post, try a slower write speed on your dvd,and I would try turning off my anti-virus software before you try to burn a dvd.

Good luck.

Steve.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:36 pm

Gotta say that's really weird. The symptoms say that's there's something funny going on that's peculiar to that machine and not always on that machine. How much RAM does the machine have?

HunnyB wrote:Is there a place on here that will give me step to step instructions on outputting to an EXE???????
I will try that next. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!
HunnyB

Finally, one that's easy. ;) On the same row of icons that you picked the DVD output, just pick the "Standalone executable slideshow" one -- I have PSG but for me it's the square one on the right end of the toolbar. It's also ALT+T while on the main screen with the timeline.

Dick

kjohnsenwi

Most recent version?

Postby kjohnsenwi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:36 am

I had this problem previously. It would happen about 75% of the time and again, only when cutting the DVDs so it was something with the rendering. I had a bunch of run-arounds with Photodex and then finally got a tech who acknowledged there were bugs in the PSP music editing. Sure enough...all the shows that had problems were ones where I had edited the music....sometimes just small cuts of dead air at the beginning or end of the show but that was enough. His recommendation was to do the editing in an external music editor (they can be downloaded free) and that fixed the problem. However, with new revs of PSP, I have not had this trouble. So, you may want to ensure that you have the most recent version.? You may also want to try an external editor if you are, in fact, doing some music adjustments.

Good luck,
Kelly

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting