Menu Problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Menu Problem

Postby ve6tp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi:

I only want text on the menu (no thumbnail) and clicking on the text should start the show. Shouldn't be a problem and straight forward.

I entered the text I want shown on the menuu. Then, on seting up the options, I opened "caption action" and selected the show that I want to have activated when the text is selected by the viewer using his/her DVD for displaying the show on the T.V.

Well, here is my problem. When the DVD disc is loaded and the menu is displayed on the TV screen, the text has TWO LINES with the same text.

As far as I can figure, I think this is what is happening. One text display is the line I typed. The second line is the line that should show only AFTER the line has been selected. In other words, both the original line and the line confirming the selection, is being displayed at the sme time.

I have checked this out using two different TV'S and two different DVD players. The problem is consistant.

Any suggestions how I can correct this?

ve6tp

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi, I believe that you must "uncheck" or disable the text that you do not want to use...there should be a place to do this within the menu creation window...I am at work and cannot tell you specifically where it is at other than it has to be where you create text for the menu. Anyway it should look like little boxes where you either put a check mark or leave them blank. Next to the little boxes are either titles or text that you have added or that proshow adds, like "play all" or "Loop all"

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi Ben:

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out here.

It's not a result of adding or deleting text to the menu Ben. I understand what you are saying in your reply though. It's probably that I have not stated my problem very well.

I'll try and restate it:

In the menu creation widow, as you say, you can add (or delete) text that will be visable and used on the menu. Just having the text rather than a thumbnail is sometimes preferred. And yes, you can simply check or uncheck to have the text displayed or not displayed. But that is not the problem.

When a person uses only text on the menu to select a show and this is while being viewed on the TV, the text on the TV screen should only show the original line you have typed. Then when the viewer presses or selects the "play" option on the DVD control unit, the text should change color so that the viewer knows his selection is confirmed. This second show of the text is only momentary and only happens AFTER the viewer selects that particular menu text.

My problem is that the text is displayed in it's normal color but also has the "selection confirmed" text display on the same line and shows as soon as the menu is displayed. That is, it is d isplayed before the viewer has done anything to activate that particular menu selection.

Probably still confusing, but that is about as well as I can state it.

Thanks again Ben.

Tru

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 pm

Tru, sorry I couldn't help.

I'll be the first to admit that I have never tried making a Text only Menu. I may have to give it a try though to see if I can duplicate what you are seeing.
Perhaps someone in here that has tried this method can respond.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:12 pm

I have not tried it yet, but the thought that comes to mind
is to use photoshop or your editor of choice to create an
image that has the text you want. You can then use that
"image" (with the text on it) as your "button". There is
probably an easier way, but I usually do it the "odd" way
(just ask my family).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Hey Ben & Mikey:

Thanks again for the replies fellas.

I guess I'll try the Tech Support group and see if they have an answer. It's just a small glitch, but annoying. Everything works just fine with the exception of both of those lines showing up.

It is a little different than having a thumbnail to click on. Give it a try sometime when you have a chance.

I'll drop a line on this posting if I do get an answer from the Tech Group that works.

Regards,
Trui

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting