How Do I Create Grey Placeholders?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
popsynic

How Do I Create Grey Placeholders?

Postby popsynic » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:57 am

Hi -

First off I am new to Pro Show and love it and having so much fun. My question is this. I have purchased a template (from user on here vidqueen I think). Its brilliant and a great way to get to grips with the fuctionality of the software. I think the site is www.choicebackgrounds.com and well worth a look.

Anyway, the template (which is actually a PSH file and not a PST) has 'grey placeholders' to allow you just to drop in new photos everytime you use it.

Well I would like to create this function in my own shows, but cannot work out how to do create a slideshow and simply specify that I want an image placeholder without actually adding an an image, and then be able to just drop images onto this placeholder in the future - like in this one I have purchased.

It would be a great timesaver to crete these, and would allow my kids to be able to create their own shows easily without 'breaking' my show designs.

So how do i create a 'master show' with the grey placeholders ready for dropping files into them?

Am I missing something obvious?

Advance thanks

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 am

Welecome to the forum. To create a template you must first create a show and save it. Then click on the tab show - show templates -save as template. That is all there is to it.

popsynic

Postby popsynic » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:20 am

Great - yep tried that and understand. What was also confusing me was that the template I have is a PSH and not a PST file. It looks like the show was just saved as a show rather than a template.

Thanks again

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:18 am

Hi popsynic:

I will be watching this posting for replies, that's for sure.

I have had the same question as you and in my attempts, I have had the same results. When you save as a "template" and then use it a such, you can not use it like the one you purchased from vidqueen. I don't know the answer other than perhaps another software program is use to create this type of template, where you can drop in a pic to a "placeholder" position.

Good luck getting an answer. Maybe a direct question on this, sent to vidqueen on her website, may be the way to go??

Regards,
Tru

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi again popsynic:

I'm surprised you received no other replies to your posting. This forum is the best I've ever been associated with. All members seem to go all out to help with any postings. Maybe just overlooked on this particular one.

Anyway, as I said eatrlier, I have the same question as you. Today, I did a little surfing and I think I have a possible answer for you. Try this:

Go to Photodex Home Page, then click on "Training". Then on the left menu, select "Tutorial Library". Now, click on Technique/Masking Magic. Within that show, they explain how the grey placeholders are made.

I have not had the time to do this yet, but plan to by the end off the week. Hope you give it a try and that it is exactly what you are looking for.

Tru

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Hey popsynic:

My head must haver been in the clouds. I misdirected you. Sorry about that.

You do not want Technique/masking magic. Select WORKFLOW/SHOW TEMPLATES.

Hope I didn't cause you too much trouble.

Tru

popsynic

Postby popsynic » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Hey thanks for that - and that tutorial does explain what I needed. Basically once you save any show as a template, and images that you checked to be replaced in the settings gets replaced with a grey placeholder which you can then drag new photos to very easily. Thanks for guidance

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting