QuickTime output in 1942

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
dnavarrojr

QuickTime output in 1942

Postby dnavarrojr » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:13 am

Anyone having trouble with QuickTime output in version 1942?

It renders everything until the last second or two and then hangs. I let it sit overnight and it still never completed.

I ended up having to output to AVI and then using QTPro to re-render to QuickTime.

--Dave

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:03 am

Have just recently done a couple of shows in AVI with no problems.... I know it doesn't help you.....

Take care,

Bob

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Yeah, I can output in AVI and MPG with no problem, but output to MOV locks up PSP and the very end of encoding.

Very strange...

I upgraded to QTPro, so encoding directly from QTP was not a problem and it actually gave me more options.

--Dave

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:21 pm

Dave,

I gotta watch what I type.... I actually meant I had done .mov.... just went and rendered a show as .mov just to make sure... and all is ok from my system... again I know that isn't solving your problem....

How large of a show? The one I just did has about 50 slides with multiple layers on each....

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:45 am

About the same size as yours...

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing PSP and see if that helps.

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:06 am

I also experienced the same problem where it seemed to just hang at the end and never completed, about 100 pics and a couple of short videos. No problem rendering other outputs.

I was going to upgrade to Quick Time Pro anyway, so if that fixes it, that'll be good.

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:36 pm

It seems the good ole standby of uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem. By the way, when saving to Quicktime, I was using the H264 format.

angioman63

Postby angioman63 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:58 pm

After reading this post, I gave it a shot.

No luck. tried it as MP4, and H264. 320x240 and 640x480 Resolution
3 diffrent shows

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:48 pm

I downgraded to 1935 and quicktime output is working again. Must be a bug in 1942 with MOV output. Or maybe it was the H.264 codec it has an issue with in 1942. In either case, downgrading fixed all my issues.

--Dave

angioman63

Postby angioman63 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:06 am

Figured it out.
Set up your export per the web page and when it is done and sitting at 00:00 left, just click the X box at the top of the rendering screen.
look in the folder that you set up as your output and the file is there.
It has been working great.

Good luck
Joe

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting