PSP build 1924 - Still Sucks!

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Honorary ProShow PHD

PSP build 1924 - Still Sucks!

Postby Tarafrost » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:19 pm

I did some regression tests on bugs I reported well over a month ago. They are still there:

1) Z-order of layers gets screwed up in complex keyframe based animations (my intro is one) when rendering to DVD.
2) Sounds cuts out part way through show when rendered to DVD or Flash. Intermittent, and not always repeatable.
3) Menu item order is not consistent when burning DVDs (first caption is not always selected)
4) Menu item selection is inconsistent using arrow keys when burning DVDs.

Which is preventing me from generating client DVDs....still!

Let's just say that I'm not impressed. Not even a peep out of Photodex regarding these bugs.

I've re-reported them with examples that demonstrate the problems.

Though I don't think they give a sh*t.

Do I sound upset? Sure hope so...this is getting ridiculous. I paid good money for a tool that I thought would be able to do very simple things and despite lots of work on my part I still don't have any feedback, let alone a solution.

Getting very tired for waiting. Might be time to sh*tcan this piece of beta crap and get my money back.

<sigh>

You listening Photodex? I'm gonna keep hounding you till you get this thing out of beta and do right by your customers.
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Gee -- you're starting (still ?) sounding like me !! The trick is finding
someone there that really cares. So far, the best function part of the
organization appears to be the unit that runs the Visa cards through.

The *least* they could/should do is have our 1 year of "free upgrades"
start from the time they finally get the version they sold us working as
it should instead of counting 6 months of beta testing as part of our
"free upgrades" :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

They beta darn well fix it

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:09 am

I am afraid I have to agree with the both of you. My problem though is still with movement(s) which to me wobble for a lack of a better explanation. This wobble appears anytime there is any type of rotation within the slide. SMOOTH doesn't do what it used to do, SMOOTHING is of no help, or it doesn't do what I think it is supposed to do. I may just go back to 2.6 however 1907 was working ok or at least I could make it do what I wanted to do. 1924 is another story altogether though....

Ben

money back offer....

Postby willo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:19 am

yep, can agree with the frustration with Photodex....finally the sent me a reply after my hounding them for weeks and even offered me my money back...hmmm..wonder if they would do that.
I am having HUGE problems with speed of application and wasn't getting much help. Still no solution but they did finally reply and blamed Vista.....bloody Vista has been around in Beta mode for years and years....figure they would have got a copy and worked out the problems by now.
Difficulty is , it is ht ebest progarmme I can find..it is really suoerb, bloody thing just doesn't work properly....arhhgghh!!!
willopix

threads1

Postby threads1 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:26 am

Hello Andrzej,

This software truly does suck. The hook is the features it offers. Tyring to create a finished product to sell costs me way more than it should just trying to figure out work arounds for all the problems. The company should be embarrased. I think the main problem is that this company is probably 1 person sitting at home and has created a web presence to look like a big outfit. That said....they probably don't have the money to hire intelligent programmers to fix all their problems. I'm not sure what my next move will be. I'm reasearching every day to find a better product. They are out there. It's a matter of spending the money or not. Right now I'm considering going with a Mac and buying Final Cut Pro. I know it's main use is for video but you can certainly do eveything with it we are trying to accomplish with this bug riddled crap. It would be an expensive change, but in the long run I will be able to create my DVD's cosistantly without all of the hassles I'm experiencing now.

It strikes me funny that when another problem pops up the pat answer usualy is "just uninstall and reinstall"....what B.S.

Charlie

Postby willo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:32 am

Thanks 'threads 1', couldn't agree more with your assessment of Photodex. That's all I get from them too...re-install. I have pro work to do..weddings, events etc..and the friggin thing is costing me more than it is worth. Maybe that is best solution....Final Cut.
willopix

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:31 pm

That is strange Willo and threads 1, I have been using PSp v3 since it came out. The early builds did have problems. Since build 1942 I have no problems. I produce, on average two 15min shows every week for my customer. This build has never crashed on me. Mind you, I'll be touching every bit of wood in sight now :lol: Mind you I'm still using XP :D

It is the easiest piece of software to use, just drop the photos into templates and all is done with just a few tweeks. I now have P to Exe, just can't get my head around that :cry:

Brian

threads1

Postby threads1 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:23 am

God bless ya Briancbb. You must be one of the lucky few. I really wish I could say the same thing. I was so excited when I found this software only to be terribly disappointed. I make documentary DVD's for a living. My average DVD is over 350 pictures and a small amount of video. I run XP as my OS and my machine is a screamer. I can't even turn on PSP unless I reboot in safe mode. Audio sync is a nightmare. I could go on forever but, take a look at just where we are posting from. 9 pages of 50 posts each on trouble shooting. And, I think it would be fair to say that 80% of the topics are software issues. It's really a darn shame. I think the creators of PSP really thought the design aspect thru but, the developers have really dropped the ball. Trying to use this in a profitable manner just isn't working. Time is money. I want to be out shooting pictures instead of spending hour upon hour trying to figure out a work-around to a software problem. I hope they get it right some day. In the mean-time I'm researching different software. When I find it I'll let everyone know. I do realize that a lot of folks here have made their buying decision on price. You do get what you pay for. I guess it’s time for me to step up to the plate and shell out the $1,600.00 for professional software.

Charlie

amazing things happen

Postby willo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:48 am

thank again everyone for your help and concern. I have found a bit of a workaround that is cumbersome but works to get the right speed. But a very strange thing happens. Anyhow, I create 4 shows in a project then after editing etc I copy and paste all slides into one show. Now amazing thing is that whilst I keep the 4 shows/projects at only 60 slides each it all works fine. Even though they are open at the one time. If I go over the 60 mark...progressive slowness happens...2-3 secs delay with every click ...61-120 slides 4 - 6 secs, 120-180, 10 secs.
I would tell Photodex but I am sure they would not understand or care very much. It seems I am the only known one with this problem so perhaps it has something to do with combinations - graphic cards- motherboards etc...dunno...
willopix

Postby cbut » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:15 am

Since the DVD creation and menu feature is not user-friendly and buggy, I always create video file (HD - 480p) for each slide show then using Ulead's Picture Show 4 for DVD menu and image file production. I found that the video file (using HD - 480p) created is much accurate and precise than the output from direct DVD image/disk production.

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:45 pm

Photodex are looking into this problem for me. The DVD is fine except for the screwed up menu.
1. The background image has disappeared and all black
2. The captions are fine and in the correct position
3. 4 of the 8 thumbnals are missing, however the active area to click on are still working fine
The problems seems therefore to be only in the rendering when the DVD is produced, and for
me only when I use multiple shows. Single show on DVD with menu screen are always fine.

The same thing as an exe is perfect.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting