Multiple problems with Producer v5.0

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Multiple problems with Producer v5.0

Postby gasssman » Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 am

Hi all, after "retiring" for a few years and thinking I was done (LOL), I'm back using Producer v5.0.3297 under Windows 10 Home 64-bit (I know Producer is 32-bit), Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB RAM, graphics card is ATI Firepro v4800 (1Gb) with driver up to date. Producer seems even more buggy than I remembered. I started a new show from a template I created, added photos to the placeholders, added a song, saved and exited. On next launch, tried to open the show under "open most recent" and Producer said it couldn't open the file. I opened the file under File>Open>"slideshow name" and it successfully opened. However, I could perform no edits as every time I opened a dialog box, the box was completely black...nothing at all displayed. Every edit dialog box did the same thing, the lone exception was the f/x quick launch button (to which I could apply an effect, but the save/close dialog box was only partially displayed). I closed the program, restarted Producer, same thing. I restarted the computer, same thing. I tried to create a completely new show, without audio, same thing.

Of course I could uninstall/reinstall Producer, but are there any other suggestions? I'm certain a reinstall would only lead to the same or other problems. A few years back, I remember coming across a thread that explained freezes, crashes, bugs, etc were often caused by scarce RAM (seems 16 Gb would be enough) or scarce virtual memory in Windows and the thread made several suggested fixes to make Producer/Gold run smoother. I searched and can't find the thread now. Frankly, I'm about DONE with ProShow products, I don't need the constant aggravation.
Any help? Thanks in advance!

Re: Multiple problems with Producer v5.0

Postby obeeone » Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 pm

G'day Gassman

I'm running the same Producer version with pretty much the same setup as you and very rarely have a problem. If it were me I would reinstall it.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting