Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

Proshow has stopped working.....

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 am

Hi all - Had PSPV6 installed. On starting new show (and opening an existing part created show) kept getting the message.... "Proshow has stopped working" and then would close. I uninstalled and reinstalled. This did not help. I had a free upgrade to V7 - which I upgraded to. Still getting same message. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Still same issue. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve? Thanks in advance.

Re: Proshow has stopped working.....

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 am

No idea ... so, it's just a guess ... did you install WITH an anti-virus/malware program ON or was it OFF? Make sure it's OFF.
Did you install to the SAME location as previously installed to or did you perform a RENAME? You "might" try NOT using the default installation location (change it slightly).

Dale

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi - thanks for replying. I installed with antivirus 'on' and I installed to same location. Will repeat with 'off' and to another location and see if that helps. Will come back shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.....

Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Good Luck!

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Try creating a new blank show and adding stuff to it. Do you still have a problem or does that work OK? There may be something about the show file you are trying to open that is crashing it.

mikey
Post a reply