Help! Producer 8 v3648 Show won't play

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Help! Producer 8 v3648 Show won't play

Postby gimme5 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:55 am

Hello - I have an email into Photodex but since it's Saturday, I don't know if I will get a response this weekend - hoping someone here might be able to help.

I just upgraded to Producer 8 (from 4) last week. Everything has been great so far - I am in the process of creating a show and when I started to work on it this morning, while editing, I cannot get it to run (play). I can't get any individual slides to play either. If I click on the audio track and then on "Edit fades and timing" i CAN get the audio track to play at that point, but nothing else.

I thought maybe the show got corrupted somehow so I deleted the PXC file and reloaded. Still the same problems. Then I created a new 4 slide show with a song. Still the same problem.

Any ideas? I've only had this version for a week and up til now everything was great (though i had not completed my show so I don't know yet if I will have any issues). I have to complete this show by next Friday and I've much more to do! Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm running Windows 10.

Thanks -
~julie
(a long time Producer user and lover!)

Re: Help! Producer 8 v3648 Show won't play

Postby Astra » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Julie - it was a very steep upgrade !!
... sorry, I do not think I cannot help you with this ... in my experience: it was going smoothly from 7+ to this 8+ (& already had a second update in past several days - & with no problem ...)
- - - - - - please, can somebody else help ?? ....

but - while reading your note - can you elaborate, what you had in mind:
..... while editing, I cannot get it to run (play) .... ...

Hmmmmm - can you go to more details about it ?

Alex/Astra

Re: Help! Producer 8 v3648 Show won't play

Postby gimme5 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks for replying - I did get it to run - I rebooted my pc a few times and left to do something else and when I came back it all worked...!

(Did you ever hear the joke about the 3 engineers riding in a car and the car breaks down? There's a mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer and a computer engineer? The mechanical engineer says, "It's probably the engine, let's take a look" and the electrical engineer says, "No - it's probably the electrical system" and the computer engineer says, "Let's just open and close all the windows and try again".)

~julie (keeping fingers crossed to finish my show!)

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting