Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

GHOST music - please help

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:01 am

I am in the middle of a really important memorial show. For some reason, I have a soundtrack in there that will not show up in the listing, nor can I delete it.
Any ideas please?

Re: GHOST music - please help

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello

Perhaps the music is on the slide track : usualy the color of those tracks are different of the main track.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Yeah, it sounds like it is something you have attached to a slide rather than placing on the main sound track.

mikey

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:47 am

I thought of that, but it doesn't seem to be the case. If it was, I couldn't find it.
I had started with a show that I had made for someone else, then used it for inspiration. The music is from the old show, but it doesn't show up anywhere.
I DID manage to get rid of it, by making a project and copying the new slides one by one into a new show. It added time and frustration, but it's done.
Maybe after this is all over I will go back and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

If you know the name of the audio file that is the "ghost track" search the .psh file for that name. That will give you a clue where it is lurking. You can easily miss it for example if it was attached to a slide but had an offset of say 30 seconds - it would be 30 seconds away from the slide where it was attached (the .psh file for the show is just a text file - you could even open it in Word - just don't save it from word - it would probably add some formatting or something to it). As to what those file pointers would look like in the .psh file for the show:

this is for a sound file attached to a slide "cell[1].sound.file=../../D:/Sound/Sound_effects/aoogahorn.wav"
and this is for a sound file on the main sound track "sound[0].file=sound/Chubby_15.wav"

Obviously, your paths etc. will be different, but that is the format you will find in the .psh file is something along those lines

mikey

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:21 am

Thanks Mikey. I will try when I am finished with all that is going on, and will report back
Appreciate the help.
Terry

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Mikey, you were right! It was that a music file had gotten attached to a particular slide. It sounded awful, because there was another file playing when it would kick in. I kept taking the music off - but the one still remained.

I was finally able to copy slides individually and somehow avoided getting the ghost music back. The show worked and was appreciated by all.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Glad it worked out for you. I have had to snoop through the .psh file a few times looking for something like that I couldn't find.

mikey
Post a reply