Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

PSP DVD will not work on Windows 10

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 am

All of a sudden the new DVD I just burned will not play on my W10 laptop or my husband's W10 desktop. It plays fine on the DVD player/TV. Any suggestions?

Re: PSP DVD will not work on Windows 10

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:47 pm

How are you trying to play the DVD on your Windows 10 PCs? Unlike previous versions of Windows not all Windows 10 installations automatically got the Windows DVD Player. If the DVD plays fine on your TV - DVD player then the disk is good.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Do any other DVD's play on the laptops? I would suspect what Luke says (I am still running 7/64 and have no plans currently to leap on the "10 boat" so I can't test it here). One test you could do to make sure your laptop can read the DVD - put the dvd in and then using windows explorer, look at the disk. You should see a VIDEO_TS folder as well as an AUDIO_TS folder (which is usually empty - all the files will be in the VIDEO_TS folder). If you are able to view the files in the folders on the disk, then it sounds like either the player is missing or something is wrong in the configuration since you can see the files. If you can't see the folders or the files on the disk, then for some reason, your DVD drive is not reading the disk at all which brings us back to the question of "do any other DVDs play in that drive?"

mikey

Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:01 pm

In addition to what the others have suggested you might consider installing the excellent video player from VLC. This free video media player will read and play virtually any video format that you throw at it and . . . did I say its "free".

You can get a copy here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Good luck :-)
Post a reply