Programs that interfere with Proshow?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Programs that interfere with Proshow?

Postby jojo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:41 am

Are there programs that hinder Proshow from working properly such Nero, OnOne perfect photos ? If you know one please let us know.

Re: Programs that interfere with Proshow?

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:16 am

In general, I have not run into any problems. One thing that Proshow does do (not sure how happy I am with that - depends on the day) is block the lockscreen (at least on my win7/64) from kicking in. If I have producer open, the screen blank will kick in, but it does not lock (requiring a password to get back in). Not really an issue in my house since my wife knows all my passwords if she wants to get into anything and the dogs don't care :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:33 am

In general, only have one anti-virus /firewall program installed and working. Having more than one has historically caused users grief.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby hcajones » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 am

For quite a while, PSP kept shutting down for no reason that I could see. In the end, the good folks at Photodex who worked with me decided that ProShow does not like Carbonite or Spybot. If I disabled both of those before using PSP, PSP worked fine.

Recently, I have used PSP without remembering to to disable either Carbonite or Spybot, and PSP has worked fine, so this may be a problem that Photodex has now solved in the background.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 am

Now that you mention it, I seem to remember someone else running into issues with Carbonite in the past (I don't use Carbonite, so I had forgotten about that issue).

I have both F-Protect (my antivirus) as well as Malwarebytes running with no issues (I have found life is MUCH better if I never let Norton anything anywhere near my machines after past experiences - both with their software as well as their (non) support)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby proullard » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 pm

I have found that if I have LightRoom open at the same time ProShow is open, Proshow will not function very well. It hangs up, won't shut down and works erratically. I believe this is because my LR files are so huge on the hard drive that it just hogs up a lot of memory and won't let anything else run very well. So now I don't open LR at the same time I am working on a show with Proshow. So far so good.
No more problems, knock on wood.

Phil Roullard

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting