File List Sequence

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

File List Sequence

Postby mrdcambs » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:45 am

I have a folder called 'Producer Show Inputs' within which are individual Slideshow files each sorted to ascending 'Date Taken'
sequence. However, within Producer's 'File List' box, I cannot get the photos to show in this sequence. If I right-click
on a file, then hover over View/View Options/File List/Sort By, the list of sort options does not include Date Taken
as a choice. 'Date Modified' is a choice but this is no use as my photos are usually modified over several days, but not
necessarily in 'Date Taken' sequence, before they are moved into the relevant Slideshow file.
My slideshows, with rare exceptions, usually follow the data taken sequence and I therefore often spend unnecessary
time moving them into the slideshow individually. If Producer could be made to show photos by Date Taken I could
move them into a show en masse.
The files within Windows Explorer are displayed in Date Taken sequence but Producer cannot be made to replicate
this (or I can't fathom out a way of doing so).
If I've made the problem clear, can anyone explain how I can force Producer to sequence its display of file inputs
in 'Date Taken' sequence? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike - UK

Re: File List Sequence

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:32 am

Mike, this is a problem people have chewed over at various times, but the bottom line is that you'll have to manually rename your files so they land in date order. I just ran a quick search for old threads on the subject but found nothing. I know they're somewhere, so my search terms must not have been good.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby mrdcambs » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:25 am

Barbara: thanks very much for replying. Like you, I thought this had come up before but couldn't
find anything so assumed I had imagined it. Anyway, now that I know it's not just a lack of
knowledge on my part I'll do as you suggest and rename photos in such a way that the 'Date Taken'
sequence I want is preserved. An obvious way will be to modify photos in 'Date Taken' sequence
and sort within Producer in 'Date Modified'.

Kind Regards - Mike - UK

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:48 am

mrdcambs wrote:An obvious way will be to modify photos in 'Date Taken' sequence
and sort within Producer in 'Date Modified'.

I bet that, in your enthusiasm at some point, you'll forget to modify in the order taken! :D

You could also use one or another of the batch renaming utilities to more quickly rename your files, doing it prior to any editing.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting