Colors not the same as in preview

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Colors not the same as in preview

Postby andre w » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:14 am

Hi,
I've spent many hours, trying to find the reason or solution to my problem (also searched this forum, but to no avail) - if I could find help here, I'd appreciate it and save some more frustrating hours.
I am running the latest version (7.0.3518) - when previewing my show, the colors are just fine (100%) - but when I render or publish it, the colors are way off - irrespective whether I publish it as an AVI or Mpeg4 - under "Video for web, devices and computers." - I cannot see under publish, any setting or such which could affect the colors when rendering.
I first thought it might be "something" to do with the graphics card - but I don't think so because why is the colors 100% when previewing the show, it uses the same graphics card, or ???
I even went as far as uninstalling and re-installing - still the same.
Any idea or solution, which I might try?
Thank you in advance - appreciated.
Regards from South Africa
Andrè

Re: Colors not the same as in preview

Postby andre w » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:51 pm

OK - I've wasted so many hours on this - and (typically me!) have overlooked (or didn't think of) the most simple/basic reason for my "problem" - I "found" it - the problem was so simple, I actually feel very stupid now :oops: - all the time, it was my "player" used for playbacks - by default, I used the GOMPlayer - when I now opened it with Windows media player instead, all the colors are as it should be - 100% - cluts!!!!! :oops: :oops: - I always tend to think about the difficult ways to solve a problem - why is that, you think? - couldn't be easier, this time around!!
Anyhow - all is well that ends well :D , I suppose - sorry for using up posting space!
Although I wasn't offered any "solutions", I appreciate the people viewing this post.
Regards
Andrè

Re: Colors not the same as in preview

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:14 am

Glad you found the problem. I always try to have at least two "things" (whatever I am working on) to try if I have problems to help narrow the search for the solution down. That includes having several of the same chip for a little design etc. just to make sure I'm not spinning my wheels trying to identify the problem without a way to test for what affects the problem. Someone else just recently ran into a problem where it turned out to be a problem with the physical DVD player.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting