Blanks instead of shows with Presenter

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Blanks instead of shows with Presenter

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:47 am

I'm wondering if it's just me or if everyone is experiencing the inability to watch Presenter shows at Photodex. I click on a show to watch it, but the area where the large, playable version normally shows up is nothing but white. There's no message about needing to update Presenter, so it's possible they're having server problems, but I've no way of knowing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Re: Blanks instead of shows with Presenter

Postby Aida » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:12 pm

BarbaraC wrote:I'm wondering if it's just me or if everyone is experiencing the inability to watch Presenter shows at Photodex. I click on a show to watch it, but the area where the large, playable version normally shows up is nothing but white. There's no message about needing to update Presenter, so it's possible they're having server problems, but I've no way of knowing. Anyone else experiencing this?
Barbara

After reading your post, Barbara, out of curiosity I went to my Photodex Gallery to check things out.
I stopped uploading slideshows there some 4 years ago, mostly because people were reluctant
to download Presenter. Since I hadn't visited my Photodex Gallery in about a year, I decided I'd do so now.

Well, everything's fine. My old slideshows [more than a dozen them], even those I had created with
ProShow Gold, are still there, & no problems watching any of them, which I did. Overcome by nostalgia, I felt I
had to watch at least some of my old slideshows . . . With no problems whatsoever.

By the way: I use Firefox [the latest version] as my browser.
Cheers,
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Not a problem here either (Firefox on Win7/64)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:59 am

Still getting nothing but a blank, which is odd because, just a couple weeks ago, everything was fine. I use Firefox on Win7/64, so it's not that, given that it appears two of you have basically the same thing. Time, I guess, to talk to Photodex.

Barbara

EDIT: I've written to Photodex, but I also tried in Internet Explorer. Same problem there, too. I'm thinking my Presenter broke itself somehow.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 am

This sounds like an issue I have seen reported in the past (unfortunately I can't remember the details). Seems to me Photodex tracked it down to something in the users machine that was blocking the streaming connection. Yeah, I know, "lot of help you are". Anyway, give them a call.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 am

Really strange. If something is blocking Presenter, the only thing I can think of is Avast since nothing else on this computer has changed. Or maybe it's some change either I made or a Firefox update made. I'll have to dig around a bit.

Barbara

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting