.MP4 file not recognized

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

.MP4 file not recognized

Postby Maxxum » Sun May 24, 2015 8:36 pm

First post here and new to adding video to producer. I had someone create a 1920x1080 intro for my videos/slideshows. I'm trying to add it to a Producer project but Producer won't recognize it. It plays in Windows Media viewer on my laptop so does that mean I have the right Codec installed? I've searched for a solution, even tried renaming the file to .mt2s which someone else had success with and that isn't recognized either. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Re: .MP4 file not recognized

Postby cherub » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you.
I saw your post earlier too, and was hoping that someone with more video experience than me will answer you.
I can only offer to take a look at it on my computer, if you wish, to see if it's working.
Otherwise, the only option is to send a problem report to Photodex Service Dept.
If you wish me to take a look, please send me a private message with a link to download it.
Is it a very large file? how large?

Postby heckydog » Mon May 25, 2015 7:14 am

It might help to also know what version of PSP is being used. Also, what is the source of your video? Do you know what your friend used to make it?

If you have MediaInfo installed, you should list what it says is in your video file. If you don't have MediaInfo you can get it here: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
Pay close attention to the installer, you don't want to install apps you don't need or want. These are a fact of life these days but it's worth having MediaInfo to navigate through the minefield.

I ran a test of several mp4 files and they all loaded okay for me. I tested the same files on v4.5, 6.0, and 7.0 and they all loaded. 4.5 loaded the fastest, which is a sad state of affairs for our newest PSP versions, but at least they loaded for me.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 26, 2015 3:46 am

heckydog wrote:I tested the same files on v4.5, 6.0, and 7.0 and they all loaded. 4.5 loaded the fastest, which is a sad state of affairs for our newest PSP versions, but at least they loaded for me.

An aside: Joe, you really ought to report this to Photodex. I know of only one other person who reported this, and if nobody else reports it, it'll become the status quo. Photodex runs on numbers.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 am

BarbaraC wrote:
heckydog wrote:I tested the same files on v4.5, 6.0, and 7.0 and they all loaded. 4.5 loaded the fastest, which is a sad state of affairs for our newest PSP versions, but at least they loaded for me.

An aside: Joe, you really ought to report this to Photodex. I know of only one other person who reported this, and if nobody else reports it, it'll become the status quo. Photodex runs on numbers.

Barbara

I have reported to Photodex about my m2v files not working and they have the sample video I used.

My mp4 files are working so there's nothing to report. If I didn't still have 4.5 installed, it would be a non-issue anyway.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 am

Joe, what I was referring to was the speed of loading, which is definitely an issue for anyone using multiple video files or large ones. It's about all those people.

Barbara

Postby heckydog » Tue May 26, 2015 9:52 am

Okay. When I get a chance I will try to compile some more data. I only tried 2 files and that would not be of much use to them I think.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 26, 2015 10:18 am

Joe, just one or two files more may be all that Photodex needs in order to spot the culprit, given that I think they've received other such files. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it if I were you, not unless not much else is going on.

Barbara

Postby heckydog » Tue May 26, 2015 12:32 pm

I'll put something together pretty soon. They may not need the files anyway, just the stats on what's happening.

Postby oldtap » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:07 am

I had the same problem last week. I contacted ProShow support and they sent me this.
1) right click the icon you use to launch ProShow.
2) Click "Properties."
3) Look for a button called "Find Target..." or Open File Location" which takes you to the program files.
4) Locate a file in this window called"proshow.phd" and delete it. Do not remove "proshow.cfg."
5) Now simply run the program again and test its' ability to function properly.
Now everything seems to be working fine.
oldtap.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting