PSP 6.0.3410 stops at 85% creating Px Stream...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

PSP 6.0.3410 stops at 85% creating Px Stream...

Postby Vit Baksly » Tue May 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Hello developers & Gurus !

I try Proshow Producer 6.0.3410

I have made show with 950 photos (only photos - no videos !)....
I render FULL show at mp4 1280x720x30FPSx8000Kbps - to big file 1h40min - 5.76Gb - during 2 hours - as result - all ok !
I create executable file...and PSP stops at 85% creating Px Stream...and NOTHING else - i see the window "Please Wait - Creating executable" next 3 hour !
I delete first 475 photos - and I create executable file... after 10-15 min - ok.
I delete last 475 photos - and I create executable file... after 10-15 min - ok.

And now i have 2 exe files and 1 mp4 videoshow.

I want render full show in exe !

Where is my problem ?

In Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3d Settings ->
Proshow.exe
Pxplay.exe
Pxsetup.exe
directx.exe
dshow.exe
fvideo.exe
qtime.exe -> Select "High performance NVIDIA processor"

Experiment #2

Turn off ALL GPU acceleratings in preferences of PSP6

AND

In Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3d Settings ->
Proshow.exe
Pxplay.exe
Pxsetup.exe
directx.exe
dshow.exe
fvideo.exe
qtime.exe -> Select "Integrated grahphics card"

SAME RESULT:
85% creating Px Stream...and NOTHING else....

Please help improve PSP !!!

My hardware & sys :

MSI GT60
Core i7-4700MQ,
32Gb Ram - 16 always free,(16Gb-used for cache for HDDs http://www.superspeed.com/desktop/supercache.php)
SSD 128Gb - 50Gb-free,
2xHybrid HDD 750Gb - 100Gb on each-free
NvidiaGeForce GTX780M/4Gb GDDR5 with latest tested no buggy drivers
pagefile in Windows - 4096Mb
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60_2OD. ... o-overview
Last edited by Vit Baksly on Tue May 12, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: PSP 6.0.3410 stops at 85% creating Px Stream...

Postby heckydog » Tue May 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Right now it doesn't matter that you have 32GB of RAM.

PSP 6.0 is currently a 32 bit program and will only use about 3.5GB of RAM. That's a really large slide show you're trying to make and I would guess that it's just too much for PSP to make an executable file.
As it was, it took 2 hours to make the mp4 probably because it was doing a lot of swapping between RAM and your pagefile.sys. (I think your pagefile should be larger)

This is one of those cases where it might be nice if PSP was a 64 bit program so it could use most of that 16GB of available RAM. There is a small utility that may help. You can read about it in this thread on Tom's Hardware and decide if you want to try it. It may or may not allow you to finish your exe file. Link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/52865 ... dows-patch

I'm not sure why you're showing the screen grab of the Nvidia 3D settings. PSP is not a 3D program.

Joe

PS imho, I don't think you need 16GB for that superspeed program. You could probably get by with 4GB or 8GB, but that still won't matter to PSP.

Postby heckydog » Wed May 13, 2015 4:31 am

It looks like you edited your original post after I posted my first reply, but you haven't responded to my post.

I don't know what you changed but I will assume it had nothing to do with my post. :?

Joe

Postby Vit Baksly » Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 am

heckydog wrote:Right now it doesn't matter that you have 32GB of RAM.

PSP 6.0 is currently a 32 bit program and will only use about 3.5GB of RAM.

I agree !

heckydog wrote: That's a really large slide show you're trying to make and I would guess that it's just too much for PSP to make an executable file.

I see no technical reason for which the PSP can render the video, and can not just pack photos with the 3D-engine-player that shows in real time with their 3D effects. For packing photos requires much less time,CPU resources and the main memory than to encode MP4.

heckydog wrote:As it was, it took 2 hours to make the mp4 probably because it was doing a lot of swapping between RAM and your pagefile.sys. (I think your pagefile should be larger)

2 hours render for 1h40min complex 3D show in 720p - it`s very good result for notebook !

heckydog wrote:This is one of those cases where it might be nice if PSP was a 64 bit program so it could use most of that 16GB of available RAM. There is a small utility that may help. You can read about it in this thread on Tom's Hardware and decide if you want to try it. It may or may not allow you to finish your exe file. Link: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/52865 ... dows-patch

In Your link - i don`t find link to patch.
This magic patch is useless for x64 systems.
In x64bit & x32bit systems really every x32 process can use only 2048Mb RAM per process.
For example Adobe After Effects produce several processes - each use up to 1.5Gb.

heckydog wrote:I'm not sure why you're showing the screen grab of the Nvidia 3D settings. PSP is not a 3D program.

Pxplay.exe and YourShow.exe - is 3D programms !!!

If I run YourShow.exe (1920x1080) with Intel integrated graphics card - i see MANY lags in speed scenes change !
When I run YourShow.exe (1920x1080) with NVIDIA - all run smooth.

CPU/GPU/RAM.... virtual memory for each process and many many more You can see with Procexp https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... s/bb896653

Joe

heckydog wrote:PS imho, I don't think you need 16GB for that superspeed program. You could probably get by with 4GB or 8GB, but that still won't matter to PSP.

If You play many videofiles simultaneously in realtime with complex mixing - SuperSpeed - IMHO - is simply necessary !
It`s not for PSP - it`s for VJing.

I`m club VJ - i know.
Any caches in memory, no difference, systems or application - it's additionally system speed.

Postby heckydog » Wed May 13, 2015 11:48 am

Here's a link to the patch I was talking about:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

I haven't used it myself because I haven't needed to, but I have seen comments from others who say it works very well. You use it on a case by case basis. You must patch each program separately.

Joe

Postby bobradarbob » Wed May 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I think that Windows won't generate a .EXE file that is larger than 4GB. That is why it stops once it builds the .EXE to the 4GB size. You should search for KB at Microsoft that discusses that topic.

Thanks,
Bob

Postby Vit Baksly » Thu May 14, 2015 7:57 am

bobradarbob wrote:I think that Windows won't generate a .EXE file that is larger than 4GB. That is why it stops once it builds the .EXE to the 4GB size. You should search for KB at Microsoft that discusses that topic.

Vit Baksly wrote:...I render FULL show at mp4 1280x720x30FPSx8000Kbps - to big file 1h40min - 5.76Gb - during 2 hours - as result - all ok !

Are You see the difference between *.mp4 and *.exe file size for NTFS ?

4Gb - is a limitations of FAT32 filesystem.

After 2 days rendering му show in 1920x1080x60fps - I have a bad news for fans of PSP....software developers do not know about the existence of multi-processor systems.

Of course I see the message in "Rendering Video" window about using all my 8 processors, but in fact Task manager show that PSP use only ONE PROCESSOR - strange situation Proshow.exe & device-enc.dll have many threads, but my CPU load only on 25% - and output the result file is on SSD :(

Postby Vit Baksly » Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 am

heckydog wrote:Here's a link to the patch I was talking about:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

I haven't used it myself because I haven't needed to, but I have seen comments from others who say it works very well. You use it on a case by case basis. You must patch each program separately.

Joe

OOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

JOE THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY VERY MUUUUUCH !!!!!!!!

I DONT BELIEVE - ITS TRUE !!!!!!! ITS WORKING !!!!

After the patch has fallen only after exceeding the limit of 4GB, but before that happened, almost at 2GB.

Long time I use my 32bit VJ soft and i knocked my head on the 2 gigabyte limit, due to the fact that you always want to use a lot of clips at the same time - and after 10 years of torture, by Your cool link I solved my VJ-problem !!!

But it`s tool is useless for PSP because during rendering my 950 photos to exe-show PSP used 1146896Kb=1.146Gb of virtual memory (info from procexp)

Thank YOU JOE !!!!! :) :) :)

Postby heckydog » Thu May 14, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm happy that it worked for you.

No wait, I'M REALLY HAPPY THAT IT WORKED FOR YOU!!!! :D :D :D

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Thanks for posting that Joe - some time ago I had meant to grab that utility (or one like it) and forgot about it until you posted the info. I now have a copy safely saved on my machine (where I will never find it again in spite of having sent myself an email saying where I put it etc.) :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Vit Baksly » Sun May 17, 2015 10:36 am

But what about the main theme of a strange stop the PSP?
We already know that the video consists of 950 slides is really render within 2 hours at the playback video shows 1hour 40min. (In my configuration)
And space on all drives is sufficient to create temporary files and the resulting show - and MP4 and EXE.
And memory overflow over 2GB - is not happening.
This really Big show was rendered to 2 EXEs after dividing by 2 equal parts.

How can I fix this?
Do read this forum developers?

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting