Proshow Producer Won't Open

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Proshow Producer Won't Open

Postby Anna J » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Here's my problem. I was working on a show and everything was going fine. I shut down Producer and went to bed for the night. Got up the next morning, clicked on the Producer shortcut icon on my desktop and got a big white rectangle with the message "Proshow Producer not responding" and the little hourglass. I waited a long time for it to load. Stupidly tried this over and over and got the same result every time. I deleted the Proshow phd file but didn't have the Proshow cfg file to delete.
I finally called Photodex support and they sent me a link to re-install Producer. I have version 4 and Windows 7. So I uninstalled Producer and re-installed it quite a few times while talking to support. At their suggestion, I unplugged all external drives and printers. I don't have anti-virus software, I'm ashamed to say. Anyway, after going thru all sorts of manipulations with Photodex Support, they told me they couldn't identify my problem. They even had me download the latest trial version of Producer and install it. Both versions said they were finished installing but when I click on the shortcut icon I get the "not responding" message.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong? I've become obsessed with making it work and it's driving me bonkers.
Thanks,
Anna
Anna

Re: Proshow Producer Won't Open

Postby Anna J » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Asking for help in the Forum was the magic touch. Got it fixed. When I re-installed the software, my computer set it to be compatible with Windows XP. I switched it to Windows 7 and now everything is great. But thanks to all of you who would have helped me out had you been up in the middle of the night reading Forum posts! :D
Anna

Esteemed Member

Re: Proshow Producer Won't Open

Postby Marie78 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:22 am

Hi

I had this problem once. I avoid reinstall only by running Proshow with a right click to specify Windows XP compatibility.

Then when it was working well again, I reuse the right click to change to Windows 7.
Chris Marie

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting