Problem with show preview

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Problem with show preview

Postby noddie » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi everyone
I have just recently upgraded from version 4.5 to 6 in producer. The problem I have and not all the time, when I go to view my slide list in the preview window, the output has moving lines across the screen, similar to the tv when you have a bad signal. They are coloured horizontal lines like interference. Has anyone else experienced this, and what could I do about it. I am just playing around at the moment with a trial show to see how the new version performs.
Thanks for any guidance
Gwen
:?
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Re: Problem with show preview

Postby cherub » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:59 am

Noddie,

From your description it's not quite clear to me where you see those lines.

But, since Producer 6 is meant to work with GPU Acceleration, and in your case maybe this causes you problems, please write here the number of your GPU Benchmark.

You can see this number if you go to: Help, About ProShow. Next to your registration you'll see the GPU Benchmark.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi again
My GPU is 193
Don't know what that means though.
Thanks for any guidance with this much appreciated
gwen
:D
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby cherub » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:36 pm

This is a very good number. :D
It means that you have a very good computer and a good graphic card. :D

So, I don't know what may be causing those lines.

Perhaps somebody else here might have some ideas. If not,then write/call Photodex Support.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi Mona
Thank your or your reply test my computer is about 18months old and iMac running parallels. I played around with some setting this morning within my display as the program keeps asking me when I open it, to make sure the resolution is set at. Sorry can't remember what its meant to be. I adjusted a few things and it seems to be ok now. Thanks again, fingers crossed.
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Esteemed Member

Postby Merlin_AZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:45 pm

The first thing I'd do is update to the latest graphic card drivers.

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

I am Still having issues with the preview of slides and playback, ie as it your tv was playing with no signal. I see the pics in the timeline but when I go to preview my show I get the disturbance. Hard to explain. Maybe I could post a pic. I was wondering about the update to my driver, how do I do that. My computer is only about 18months old and am using parallels with proshow producer. It is a Nvidia geforce card. Thanks for your input
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 am

Hi

On nividia website : the french one is http://www.nvidia.fr/Download/index.aspx?lang=us ut there is proably one for new zealand.

Have you a trial version of Proshow or a full one ?
Chris Marie

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 am

Hi Marie
Thank you for your reply. I have the full version of proshow producer 6. I shall visit the. I idea site and check out my version, I just don't understand why I would need to do this though. Sometimes the program works ok and other times it doesn't. Weird.
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:28 am

Hi again
noddie wrote:...I just don't understand why I would need to do this though...

Even when you buy a new computer, most of the drivers may be not uptodate. It's important to keep them uptodate because the builder of each component corrects the driver, either because it was not perfect, or because Windows changes things regularly.

Does it work badly on the same shows or is it not linked to specific shows and it may work well and badly for the same shows ?
Chris Marie

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 am

Actually (especially with video drivers) "up to date" is NOT always the best. I have seen a number of times in the past over in the video forums where the discussion gets going on which video driver actually works best with the video editors and it is not always the "latest and greatest". In your case, did you say this is actually running in windows on an MacBook running parallels? That also tosses a few variables the rest of us don't have to contend with into the equation. I would suggest sending Photodex support an email and see if they have any suggestions as well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Thank you to both Mikey and Marie, I shall send photodex a message in the hope this can be resolved. Truly confusing. Thanks again
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Further to the replies for my query. I have just opened the program again this morning and starting with no show and inserting photos onto the slide list, I have the same problem. The graphics in the preview are either bright coloured squares or horizontal lines which flicker.
Thanks again
Gwen
Shall write to Photodex now. :x
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting