Audio frustrations PSP

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Audio frustrations PSP

Postby pacino8591 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi guys,

I have to turn to you once more as I'm stuck. Probably basic stuff but as a beginner I'm kinda lost. For the sake of keeping it simple, here's my questions in the following example. Suppose I have 10 slides in my show. I want to add a particular piece of music only to slide 5-6-7. One way to do it is to add it as 'slide sound'. Problem 1: When the duration of the piece of music exceeds the duration of the three slides, it keeps playing on the remaining slides as well until it stops. Obviously I do not have have the option of 'start track' or 'end track' here as with soundtracks.

I think I do understand the difference of using slide sounds and/or soundtracks, but in my example both can be used.

Question 1: Is it possible to add the slide sounds just to slide 5-6-7? Question 2 : Is it possible to fade the slide sound in on slide 5 and out again on slide 7, and if so, how?

When I add a particular track as 'soundtrack', it automatically starts at slide 1.

Question 3 : How do I make it start at slide 5? Question 4: Is it impossible to select just the slides you want to add a soundtrack or slide sounds to, without too much hassle?

Should this topic been addressed before, please do give me a few pointers so I know where to look on the forum. I've tried but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Paul Toonen
Belgium

Re: Audio frustrations PSP

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Question 1: Is it possible to add the slide sounds just to slide 5-6-7?
Well, you can add a slide sound to slide 5. If it plays beyond slide 7, you'll have to do some math and figure out where you need to fade the sound out so that it will no extend beyond it.

Question 2 : Is it possible to fade the slide sound in on slide 5 and out again on slide 7, and if so, how?
Trim the sound using "Edit Fades and Timing"... select the slide, select Slide Sound, located in lower left of the slide options window. Located the feature under "Sound Timing." You can also use the specified Sound Editor (the one you referenced in your preferences, but only if you did so).

Question 3 : How do I make it start at slide 5?
Add the sound to slide 5. Adjust the start using a negative time if you want the slide to begin at the beginning of the slide's "transition in" period. Otherwise, it will start playing the exact time of the Slide time (at the end of any transition in).

Question 4: Is it impossible to select just the slides you want to add a soundtrack or slide sounds to, without too much hassle?
I would have to say yes, technically. Music tracks are added to the sound track. Each added music track starts off where the previous one ends. If you want spacing between them, you have to manually offset the track from any other track. This offset moves the music track left using a negative number or right using a positive number. Typically, the offset value is located in the track settings of the Manage Soundtracks dialog (you can get there by double clicking on the sound track).

This has been addressed in some form in previous posts, in one form or another. Doesn't hurt to re-address here.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Audio frustrations PSP

Postby pacino8591 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:47 am

Thanks very much Dale! Well explained. It would be much more convenient if you could add a full or partial soundtrack, just by selecting the slides you want> Obviously PSP wasn't designed that way. Will try your suggestions right now. Thx!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting