Ugrading from 4.5 to 6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Valued Member

Ugrading from 4.5 to 6

Postby noddie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Hello, I was wondering if some kind person could advise me regarding upgrading to proshow producer 6 from 4.5. If I upgrade can I open my old created shows from previous versions, or will they simply not open. I am half way through a new show and do not want to loose it if I do upgrade. I would appreciate any advice on this please. Thank you Gwen :P
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand
Land of the Long white cloud

Re: Ugrading from 4.5 to 6

Postby cherub » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 pm

The same advices that you received when you asked before, about previous versions, are also true this time.
See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&p=164971#p164971

As I wrote previously, you can open any show from the past in the new version, because new versions of Producer are always compatible with previous ones.
However, I do not recommend upgrading when you are in the middle of a show, because it takes time to familiarize yourself with the new interface, which is very different from what you have now.
Good luck,

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 pm

:P Gosh that was quick Mona, thanks so much for that I shall take your advice as I have just upgraded and shall leave installing the upgrade till I have finished. Am I able to put the upgrade into a different folder as a sub folder off my Proshow Producer one? I believe I have Producer4, Producer 4.5 and now I would have Producer 6 within that directory. That way I can still use 4.5 till I am confident so then I can go to my version 6. Thanks so much
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:55 am

Noddie, it's up to you, but what I've found is that no more than two versions of the software are necessary. The problem is in uninstalling the oldest version, which can't be done in the usual way. Instead and in Windows Explorer, go into the directory for the specific version you want to uninstall and look for "remove.exe" (ordering by file type makes it easy to find). Double click it, and you'll remove only that specific version, leaving newer versions unharmed. This information comes straight from Photodex, so it's as pure as the driven snow. 8)

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby noddie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks so much everyone, that is such a great help..
Gwen
Noddie
Auckland, NewZealand

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting