keyframe motion

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

keyframe motion

Postby bandtcurtis » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:35 am

I have a mask of an open book with one photo on each page underneath. I want to tilt the book and zoom in. Is there a way that I can group all three together to make them all move at the same time without having to adjust each separate layer or do I have to do this in my external editor first? It would save alot of time. In my editor I can group and ungroup.

Re: keyframe motion

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Producer cannot work with layered images that come from a graphic editor.
Each layer from your graphic program must be saved as a separate image, and inserted in Producer as a separate layer to be animated.

From the description that you wrote, I don't quite understand your setup Why are you saying that you have "a mask of an open book"? Does the book have transparent areas through which you can view the pictures underneath? If that is the case, then that's not a mask. It's a kind of frame, I would say. A mask in Producer means something else entirely.

The simplest way for you to make this effect is to use your graphic editor, and to save your layered image as one layer, that can be then animated in Producer as you wish.

There are of course other more complex ways to do this, but I don't advise them for beginners.
These alternatives include: calculating the Rotation Center of each picture that you want to insert in the book, in relation to the book frame, or the background of your slide. Then linking everything together by means of modifiers for each value: Pan (horizontal and vertical), Tilt (Horizontal and Vertical), Rotation, and Zoom :D

Postby bandtcurtis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm sorry...I did mean to say that it is a book with transparent frames. Thank you for the information. I will do as you suggest and edit all this in my photo editor first. It would be a good feature to be able to group and ungroup layers though. Thanks again.

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:20 pm

bandtcurtis wrote: It would be a good feature to be able to group and ungroup layers though. Thanks again.

Yes, I quite agree with you.
It is a feature that we've been requesting for years, but never got it.
Given the way Producer works with the various values, I doubt that it will ever be implemented.

Using modifiers is in fact a way of grouping layers, but making this work correctly is rather cumbersome (to say the least), and sometimes even impossible.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting