Some Transitions only appear as a white screen

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Some Transitions only appear as a white screen

Postby flymfly » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

I've had this issue since I first got Proshow Gold and it continued into Producer, but some of the transitions do not work for m, they are just a blank screen. I've always had so much to choose from, I kind of didn't worry about it. I picked up the Transition Pack 2 the other day and am having similar issues with some of the transitions in the pack (example: Flame). Is anyone having a similar issue? Is there a fix?

Re: Some Transitions only appear as a white screen

Postby cherub » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Because you've mentioned the "Flame transitions" I'm guessing that your problem is related to transitions that are based on video.
This can be caused by two things:
Either you are trying to use the transitions before they've cached completely on your computer; or
You have some kind of codec problem on your computer (but that's a bit hard to imagine, as most of these transitions include WMV files that can be opened in any Windows based system).

Here are some troubleshooting options that come to my mind:
(1) Open a new show, and insert a new blank slide. Click on the A/B transition that you see, and wait a bit. Is Producer going through the motions of catching all the transitions? If it does, wait till it finishes completely.
Try to use the flame transitions again, and see if this changed anything.

(2) In Producer, go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Video Importing
Uncheck the option "Avoid using DirectShaw when possible"
See if this option changes anything for you. If it doesn't, and the problem continues, put the check-mark back again

(3) Call Photodex support :D

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting