How to use an aep file in Producer 6

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

How to use an aep file in Producer 6

Postby LannomLass » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 am

Wondering if someone can tell me how to take a template that has an aep file extension and bring it into ProShow Producer 6. Know I probably have to convert it but how does that work? Any help would be most appreciated. Purchased these after effects templates, guess I should of did a little more thought.
Thanks

Re: How to use an aep file in Producer 6

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:43 am

As I understand it, the only way you can do that is as an output created from within After Effects. Those templates are only understandable by AE ... there's no "translation" per se. It's sorta like Notepad trying to open a .docx file. But, the upside is that it looks like you've INVESTED in a future with AE (if you don't have it right now)! 8)

Bummer, eh?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:39 am

There are people on this forum who take After Effects project files (.aep) and convert them to work in PSP.

One prerequisite is that you have After Effects because it's a manual process. I'm assuming you don't have AE, otherwise you wouldn't be asking the question here.

You might want to do some searching here and on youtube for who they are. Maybe they'll help you. You can also try proshowproducer.net, but it's a Russian language site.

Joe

Postby Random » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 pm

LannomLass,
Hi,
You can not automatically transfer the project from the AE in the PSP
This handmade.
I try to work with AE projects
For example here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23148#p173231
Sorry- translate google
---------------------------
http://proshowproducer.net

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:55 pm

As Random said and as I noted, you need AE to figure out what the AE template is (or "does"). Then, you need to figure out what's being done. Then, you make a manual creation . . . depending on what the template does, you might be able to export something from AE (using that template) for use within PSP (such as, for example, some kind of background or perhaps an object that does some kind of effect or movement). But, there's no actual translation of an AE template into a 'template' or file that PSP can read (aside from a static image or a video output). What you typically have to do is to build the effect within PSP using AE as a guide. Note that there are quite a few things that AE can do that PSP cannot (and probably never will) do. So, what you create in PSP will only be an approximation of what the AE template did. Too, doing the conversion (which IS, as Random noted, a MANUAL process) may require some expertise with both programs.

As Joe noted (and I intimated), you probably have neither the expertise with AE nor have a copy of the program (hence the crack about "investing" :) ).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Random » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:37 pm

You can view and download a sample here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23146
---------------------------
http://proshowproducer.net

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting