Soundtrack Sync in MP4 problem

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Soundtrack Sync in MP4 problem

Postby wsolum » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm using PSP 6.0.3410.

I have a couple of slideshows where the soundtrack is offset from the beginning of the show. One is 9.5 seconds, the other is 25 seconds. When I output to MP4 (1080x720) and play them on my Win7 PC in Windows Media Player they work as expected. When I play them on my TV the soundtrack starts about 8 seconds late. If I rewind the video a bit the soundtrack will play correctly.

I have just updated the firmware on my TV and the problem persists. I've added sound to the mp3 to fill in this gap and it works as long as the tone is continuous. If there is a gap (say a note played at the beginning and silence between that and the start of my soundtrack) it exhibits the same problem. I've spent hours trying to come up with an acceptable solution.

Is there some other format I can use that should respect the gap I place (offset from previous slide)? Or is there some other trick I can use?

Re: Soundtrack Sync in MP4 problem

Postby wsolum » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:18 pm

I may have discovered a solution. I thought my TV didn't play avi file format but it will play the ones generated by ProShow and it doesn't seem to exhibit the soundtrack sync problem.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting