Project Menu Issues

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Project Menu Issues

Postby hiker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:00 pm

We have been using ProShow products since 2006 and did not experience the problems mentioned below. Currently we are working with ProShow Producer version 6.0.3410

Our computer SYS = Win7 Pro, ASUS P6X58D MB, Core i7-920 2.66GHz CPU, Radeon HD5850 VC, 24GB Ram

After three phone calls with a Proshow expert regarding Menu issues (project with 4 shows) and getting nowhere, I am sharing our experience on the forum. It would be interesting to know, if someone else has had similar problems.
At each preview the menu looked just fine, but after rendering to ISO files various problems occurred.
1. Fourth thumbnail missing, just the TN border – but show still there and could be activated
2. Fourth thumbnail highlighted instead of first or “Play All” when opening rendered show

As suggested we deleted the “proshow.chg” and “proshow.phd” files which did not resolve issue. The next suggestion was to forget about the thumbnail menu and use the “List” menu format. New problem with the fonts so we uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program using the suggested “remove.exe” and deleting the Photodex folder.

The first time around we did see the default menu and minimally customized it, staying with the “List” format and including a jpeg background image. The preview looked fine, but again, after rendering (no matter what ISO file Blu-Ray, PAL, DVD) the fonts for the shows and “Play All” appear heavily BOLD and fuzzy terrible looking, maybe outlined with black in addition, though the Outline feature in the Customize Menu is unchecked. And we are using very standard sans serif fonts i.e. Arial, Tahoma, Verdana etc..

When we opened the menus again, we never were able to get the default menu back, even though we deleted the saved menus. There is apparently no way to completely clear or reset the Menu to original default settings.

After many hours of multiple renderings (the only place where we can see the final result) we finally gave up.

Edith and Martin

Valued Member

Re: Project Menu Issues

Postby Luke_Miller » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 am

I feel your pain. In my experience the Proshow menu features are the weakest part of the program. Long ago I quit using them for any but the most basic menus. In addition to their limited functionality they are buggy as you have discovered. While I find Producer to be excellent for creating the show content, I export that show to other applications for final productions.

Postby hiker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. What other applications do you use for publication?

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:49 am

Occasionally I will do titling in Adobe Premiere Pro to get access to fonts that are not available in Producer. I use Adobe Encore to add chapter stops and menus, and then output as an ISO.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting