Audio Crossfade Overlap

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Audio Crossfade Overlap

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:06 am

Hello Forum,

where can i find "Audio Crossfade Overlap".
How works : "Soundtrack - Prevent default soundtrack fade during this video"

Thank you so much an best regards Dieter from a gray misty day (for many weeks :( )

Re: Audio Crossfade Overlap

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:20 am

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do ... however,

Hover over the soundtrack ... right click and select "Manage Soundtracks." Your soundtrack options are there. I think you are referring to the last section, lower right (for v6): Soundtrack During Other Sounds.

In the Slide Options, Lower Left: Background + Sound. Click on SLIDE SOUND. You can also control the soundtrack (somewhat) from here under this section: "Override Soundtrack during this Sound."

On the soundtrack, you can overlap sound tracks. Hit the TAB key or select the "Timeline" tab (it's easier to see it here), you will see "brackets" on the selected timeline. The bracket is Blue and has yellow controls on it. Select the left soundtrack, hold the control key down, drag the selected soundtrack left. You are now overlapping one soundtrack with the previous one. The Click on one of yellow control points and you an change that track's volume over the entire track (back to the yellow control points at the end of that soundtrack). ...Click in the blue points and you control the sound in the area of interest. You will have a triangular control .. the two forming the triangle base move left and right and affect the sound within the confines of the triangular region.

You can add control points by ALT CLICKING on the soundtrack. This adds a set of yellow control points that can fine tune your control over the soundtrack. This is another nice way of controlling how the soundtracks work with each other. NO soundtrack control points are available on Slide Sounds.... ... so, you can add a soundtrack on the soundtrack that will act as a slide sound ... just drag it to where it is arranged to correspond with the slide on which you want the sound. Then, play with the volume control points...

Have fun. Hope this answered the question.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:31 am

Hello Dale,

thank you for your help. How can I set a screeshot here? I don't know how I can do that.
I'll show you what I mean.

Best regards Dieter

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:56 am

Hello Dale,

go to the Link to PSP
http://www.photodex.com/proshow6/
Hit the Explorer ProShow Producer
Below you can see Advanced Audio Control+New Import Options
Below are 3 Points, hit the right Point - there is it. You can see what I mean.

Best regards Dieter

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:23 am

Well, NOW I KNOW what you're looking for ... and, I'm stumped too. I wonder if it's something they meant to include but didn't ... or if it's simply hidden. So, I'm with you: Stumped at this point. Nothing I did revealed anything that looked like graphic on the Photodex website. Help is useless in this matter: it provides only the manual method that's existed for years (as far as a crossfade goes).

Maybe there's a nifty trick we don't know about ... or maybe it's something that isn't really there ... yet.

Dale.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:53 pm

If it is the one I think you are looking for, you double click the slide, click the video layer and in the lower right corner is the "video clip settings" with the checkbox you asked about. This is from my system with Producer 6.0.3410

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Well, that takes care of the video clip settings ... and that's not hard to find. But, that video overlap control isn't something I can find ... it's some kind of offset control ... but, I can't find it. The page referenced has 3 items on it ... the top control I can't find ... the other 2, no problem.

Dale

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:05 am

Hello Mikey,

yes,that I know ( Soundtrack-Prevent Default sountrack....) now and I understand how works it in PSP.
But the other I don't know where I can find it.
Yes, PSP is for me sometime like our Universum-deep and unexplored, but a suuuper Software which I do not want to miss.
I think I ask Photodex.

Thank you and best regards Dieter

Postby im42n8 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:58 am

Both Mikey and I dropped Photodex a line to see if they could shed any light on where the heck that menu control is located.

We probably won't hear anything from them tho until Monday at the earliest.

Dale

Postby Betty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello Enthusiasts,

This intrigued me and went searching. I figured it had something to do with the Wizard but couldn't find it. I ate a quick lunch and went back to the hunt. Aha! Food for the brain.

It is located at the bottom of wizard screen in the last section before you allow the wizard to create the show. It is where you can choose custom or auto for the energy level.

It is in STEP 4 Final Details.

Last edited by Betty on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby im42n8 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:14 pm

I suspected as much ... I do NOT use the wizard. Its utility (that audio overlap menu) as a global option seems to me to be less than useful. Each music track is different both in starting and ending ... a once-size-fits-all solution doesn't seem to useful to me (other than back-to-back, no overlap whatsoever). It'd be nice if this was an option to become available as I manipulate the audio ON the audio track (as opposed to simply dragging the track left or right or editing the offset values...).

Aw well ... figures. :D

Dale

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Like Dale says - I seldom use the wizard so didn't look under that rock. Glad someone was able to find it :D

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby Betty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 pm

I don't use the wizard much. In the very beginning, I did.

Now if you can help me with the correct link path to include a img would be most helpful. I did try Img and URL but same. Must be missing something. Using photobucket.

Thank you

Betty

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:16 pm

When on Photobucket, click the "img" button for your image (on Photobucket) - it will copy the correct link format then all you have to do is use CTRL+V to past it into a post for here. That is the way I do it (I also use Photobucket) - actually in the image below, click in the box with the url in it, not the "IMG" word itself.

Here is a better one I had done earlier (and forgotten)

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:32 am

Hello,

now we know it.
Thank you so much and best regards Dieter

Next

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting