Tool Bar.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Tool Bar.

Postby magray » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:23 am

I'm running latest version of Producer on Windows 7. I find now that when I open a show to do some work on it and I go to the tool bar at the top ie. File Edit Show etc. when I click on any of these it closes Producer. Anybody experienced this or has a solution please. I have finished editing a show and can not burn to a disc because if I press publish it closes the programme.

Re: Tool Bar.

Postby debngar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am

This has worked for me...

Hit the save button frequently during editing so you don't lose your work. During editing, if you notice the program bogging down, hit save one more time and exit the program. This seems to reset the memory and reopening afresh usually works. But if it's still crashing, then delete the proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files  that reside in the ProShow program folder. Once you reopen, it should work ok again.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby im42n8 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:13 pm

You may have a corrupted PHD file (it's a database file for ProShow) ... it's found in the root folder in which the program was installed (it may be hidden ...you'll have get the system do display hidden files if that's the case). Delete it and try again. Failing that, reinstall the program over the original installation (turn the anti-virus OFF before you reinstall tho) to fix any files that may have been corrupted. You should not be having a crash problem like this. If this file is corrupted, any number of program problems can crop up ... making it unstable.

There are other reasons for crashing but, from what you've described I don't think it has anything to do with the show itself ... sounds like a program specific problem.

Too, you might try to reboot (restart from an actual OFF). But, if you are already doing this forget it (it's a stretch anyway ... sometimes Windows acts up on its own with some programs).

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby magray » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you im42n8.

I followed your advice and removed the phd file and also with Photodex's advice the cfg file. Tool bar up and running again

Thanks once again for your great advice and speedy solution.

Postby magray » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Just an update on previous note, if I try and import a previous version ie series 4 to amend the problem returns.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting