No Sound at all

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

No Sound at all

Postby magray » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 am

Just upgraded my computer and transferred present project to new machine. It shows on timeline it is there, but only as a straight line not as sound waves. The music transferred from a cd plays perfectly well through Windows 7 media player. I'm running up to date version of Producer 6 on my machine. Never experienced this previously. When tried in preview it states ' Default sound editor has not been configured yet' Not sure what to do. Sorry if repeated question, could see exact same query had been submitted previously. Thanks

Re: No Sound at all

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:48 pm

It is not clear to me what you are running into, however, my first guess is that while you transferred the project, you didn't transfer the sound files used in the project from the old machine? (when I create a show, I create a folder for the show and sub-folders under the folder for copies of all the media used in the show (sound, images, clipart etc.)).

You might look under the Edit -> Preferences -> external applications and see what is selected (if anything) for the sound editor as well as the playback/preview option.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: No Sound at all

Postby magray » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Seemed to have solved my own problem. Does not like widows media once swooped to MP3 problem solved and runs perfectly now. Sorry to trouble you folks from a warm autumnal England

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting