Image Burn problems

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Image Burn problems

Postby tjdowning » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 am

I have been creating ISO files and burning to DVD using Image Burn for years with virtually little problems. Been using the Taiyo Yuden DVD's with also very little coasters.
Now, all of a sudden, my Image Burn keeps have "no medium found". Yesterday got one to recognize and burn. Also, tried to update my Image Burn, and did, and ended up with all this "extra" programs downloaded.

Is anyone else having problems with Image Burn? Is there another program that works better?

Also wondering if my DVD burner may have issues???

Any ideas will be appreciated!
-Terri Downing
Iowa User

Re: Image Burn problems

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:54 pm

I have had burners go bad in the past and that is somewhat symptomatic of what happens - it can't read sometimes, or it can't recognize the media. You might try taking a blank disk that it can't recognize to a friends machine and see if it can see it properly - that would tend to point at the burner. The good news is they are relatively cheap these days (newegg.com for one source) see which one gets good reviews from lots of folks. I usually have a spare DVD burner around here I can swap to see if that fixes problems like that. You do have to be careful downloading / installing imgburn to avoid the "freebies". The free Java install is another - if you are not paying attention, you get the free "ASK Toolbar" and some other junk installed. Imgburn is still my goto utility (note that it can also create ISO files from install disks for you so you can save a copy of the windows install disk for example).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby tjdowning » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Yeah Mikey,
I now think it is my dvd burner. I can burn a CD, but not a DVD. Called our hometown computer guy and he said one could go bad (shows what I know). He said about $30 so I can handle that, glad it's only that and VERY glad I wasn't on the 11th hour of wanting to burn a show :) Great idea to have a spare dvd burner! Thanks! Have a great weekend! -Terri

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:10 pm

My understanding is that CD and DVD burning employs different laseres. I'm not sure although I have heard what you describe a number of times before where it will burn a CD but not a DVD.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting