Video Files

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Video Files

Postby nantory » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

I don't know why this is happening, maybe somebody can figure it out for me. I have a folder of video backgrounds that I have been using for years in my shows, they are all in the .mov or .wmv format. I have never had a problem, but suddenly ProShow will not accept them. I found a work-a-round by converting them to .avi, which seems to work, but that's very time consuming. I don't understand why I have to do this now when I never had a problem in the past. Does anyone have any idea of why this might be happening? Thanks so much!

Re: Video Files

Postby texan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:37 am

Sounds very strange........can you send me one or two of your files........I'll trouble shoot them......
Texan

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks so much for trying to help. Today, while trying to duplicate the problem, some files are working fine, but others I get the following error messages;

1. One or more selected file is not recognized by ProShow. Only images, videos and audio files may be dropped into a show.
2. An error occurred while importing the file (then the name and location of the file is listed)

If I convert them, they work. I have used all these files before without any problems, so I don't understand it at all. How would I go about sending you the files in question? Thanks again.

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 am

@ nantory,

I don't know why this is happening, but you might try one of the following things:

1. Un-check the playback option "Avoid Direct Show when possible".
You will find this in: Edit > Preferences > Playback > Video Importing

2. Reinstall the program

If none of this works, then I would suggest that you ask for help from Photodex Support.

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:08 pm

What Mona says. Friend of mine just went through that with the mts files from his camcorder (not being recognized as valid files) and after re-installing Producer, all was well. Not sure what the whole issue was, but that just fixed it for him.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:57 am

I finally got a chance to get back to this problem. I uninstalled and then reinstalled ProShow and that seemed to fix my problem. I don't know why this started happening in the first place, but I'm glad it is now fixed. Thanks for the help in getting this solved, I appreciate it!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting