Padding introduced at output

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Padding introduced at output

Postby foggy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 am

Hi,
Can anyone one please tell me what governs the introduction of 'padding' around my show when output using the Youtube tool bar button as opposed to using the Facebook toolbar button? The same show, no changes just using different output buttons.

Facebook output
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0JCafU8r_M

Youtube output
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGjbYtEa1E

I have read the pages about understanding aspects but they do not explain what I see here. If I can understand what governs the difference, then I can make any adjustments needed for the appropriate end result. NB When outputting to DVD, some (but smaller amount) of padding is also here introduced too.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Padding introduced at output

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:16 am

Not sure why these are different since it looks like they were both uploaded to YouTube. I would use whichever one you like best (formatted to play on YouTube) then paste the YT link into a Facebook post. I'm not sure we have much control over how FB happens to place it on our pages because FB UI format changes without notice to users quite frequently. :| O_o

I never choose FB output when making a video to be posted to YouTube. I use [Publish> YouTube>1080p best quality] , then save the file to my computer, upload at my channel (not through ProShow). Once it uploads to YT, I paste the YT link into my FB posts. I don't get the border around my shows. I don't know why one of yours has the border.

Maybe someone else has another answer.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby foggy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Debbie,

You are a star.

Reading your reply made me realise that maybe I had just not made the quality high enough and PSP reduced the area within the playback window to keep the look OK.

I tested it by altering the window and quality settings to produce a higher quality version and bingo, it looked great. It would seem that the Facebook output delivers higher quality than the Youtube Standard.

Thankyou for pointing out the obvious even if inadvertently.

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Well, either way I'm glad you were able to sort it out. :)
Debbie

Postby bobradarbob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Something I've noticed (and this may have been covered elsewhere long ago), when I post a Youtube slideshow:

The Youtube posting process wants you to enter at least some SEARCH TERMS. I dutifully add some words that relate to my video slideshow though usually I don't need my work to be searchable by the public at large. After the video is uploaded and viewable, I check things out and I notice that the search term "Proshow" is added to the list of terms. I know I did not add it and I was never sure if Youtube adds it but suspect the Proshow posting process might be adding it. So, perhaps this is NOT on topic exactly but it is a type of padding that changes how shows are ultimately delivered and we as the owner/creator are not entirely responsible for the final result.

Subtle I know,

Bob

Postby cherub » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:45 pm

bobradarbob wrote:Something I've noticed (and this may have been covered elsewhere long ago), when I post a Youtube slideshow:

The Youtube posting process wants you to enter at least some SEARCH TERMS. I dutifully add some words that relate to my video slideshow though usually I don't need my work to be searchable by the public at large. After the video is uploaded and viewable, I check things out and I notice that the search term "Proshow" is added to the list of terms. I know I did not add it and I was never sure if Youtube adds it but suspect the Proshow posting process might be adding it. So, perhaps this is NOT on topic exactly but it is a type of padding that changes how shows are ultimately delivered and we as the owner/creator are not entirely responsible for the final result.
Subtle I know,
Bob

I understand that by "search term" you mean the tags that are added.
I wasn't aware of this, and it's very nice of you to draw our attention to it.
Like Debbie, I usually upload through my browser and not through ProShow, and I create my own tags afterwards.
Good to know, though I doubt that it's a good/desired feature for the regular user. :D

Postby debngar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 am

Yeah, that is automatically included if uploading via the program. If you wish full control of tag words, then upload at your channel or edit the tag/key words after upload.
Debbie

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting