Preview Playback & Slide Options ISSUE :-( Please help

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Preview Playback & Slide Options ISSUE :-( Please help

Postby lenohtna » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:42 am

Hi, I have an unknown and weird issue on Proshow Producer 6 that haven't solved yet so please bear with me and hopefully someone can help me. :(

I have been using Proshow Producer 6 for about 4 months already and so far enjoying making shows.
But its just recently (last Sunday) that when I open my project then play it to see the preview again (in which I already get used to do), its not playing anymore. The preview pane on where its supposed to play suddenly turns to blank or color gray. After some time (maybe a minute most likely), the program does not responding at anymore so I don't have a choice but to force close the program.
This same goes with the slide settings on where I'll go to modify the slide style of one of my frames. It also doesn't show the preview of what will my show will be. Instead, it just turns gray and nothing will be played at all. Then same as with the first issue, it will not respond so I have to force close it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VYr0Wvh-_HM0lQRUxqWndlek0/edit?usp=sharing

I also tried opening my previous projects suspecting that maybe its just on my current project but all my previous projects doesn't play anymore.
But when I tried to publish them, its still publishes successfully and no errors on the output.

I already tried reinstalling the program but it didn't fix the issue.
I also tried a fresh install on where everything including the registry entries and all of its folders are deleted before reinstalling it but still same issue.

I also searched here regarding deleting the .pxc file to rebuild the show but still doesn't work.

I suspect that the Photodex Presenter is the issue but I'm still not sure.
Hopefully someone knows how can I fix this. :cry: I really like using this software and its already my primary program for creating shows.

Thank you very much.

Re: Preview Playback & Slide Options ISSUE :-( Please help

Postby im42n8 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:32 pm

If you're reinstalled the program, particularly if it was installed to a fresh folder (with ANTI-VIRUS OFF) and the problem still exists, then the problem is most likely the show itself (or parts of it).

If deleting the PXC file doesn't work, then, something else must be considered. The image you presented of your show indicates that there's no show ... nothing, nada, zip. You have a show with a blank slide ... no layer's whatsoever. There's nothing to play.

The selection of a style is fine ... you can apply it to a blank slide... however, you must fill the layer (actually, it's two layers, fill one and the other will automatically fill ... assuming the style is the one highlighted in your image). Until then, there's nothing to show.

Well, this might be the problem. But maybe there's something else you're not telling us? (maybe?)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby lenohtna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 pm

im42n8 wrote:If you're reinstalled the program, particularly if it was installed to a fresh folder (with ANTI-VIRUS OFF) and the problem still exists, then the problem is most likely the show itself (or parts of it).

If deleting the PXC file doesn't work, then, something else must be considered. The image you presented of your show indicates that there's no show ... nothing, nada, zip. You have a show with a blank slide ... no layer's whatsoever. There's nothing to play.

The selection of a style is fine ... you can apply it to a blank slide... however, you must fill the layer (actually, it's two layers, fill one and the other will automatically fill ... assuming the style is the one highlighted in your image). Until then, there's nothing to show.

Well, this might be the problem. But maybe there's something else you're not telling us? (maybe?)

Dale

Sorry but I'm not hiding anything.

I reinstalled the program again with anti virus turned off, same result.

In the screenshot before, as you noticed, instead of a play button to preview it, it was stop button.
So meaning, its supposed to be playing already.

This is the latest screenshot I just took after re-installation.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VYr0Wvh-_HcXhSQ21zTTlqSTA/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VYr0Wvh-_Hbk5fRktnOHQ4a0k/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VYr0Wvh-_HT2ZsUWdkUE5oWlU/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VYr0Wvh-_HclFJUFFNRDZiRjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you very much.

Postby cherub » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm

It is a weird problem indeed.
I think that your best choice is to email Photodex support, and to send them the same screenshots that you posted here.
They are in a better position to help you out, as they can take control of your computer and see what's going on.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 pm

The displayed images show more than one slide, that's for sure. I agree with Mona about talking with Photodex. They'll probably want you to send the show to them so they can see if it works the same way there.

Instead of "playing" the show, have you tried to "scrub" it? Have you tried moving slides around? Have you tried deleting one or more slides at a time? This is simple troubleshooting ... trying to identify if the problem is a slide or more. Work work with copies of the show.

You can try a project. With the current show open, add a new show. Then, try Copying a slide at a time to the new show in the project and see when and/or if the problem appears. Try each slide in turn (alone in the new show) or simply start adding a slide at a time... testing the ability of the show to play / scrub or not.

Sounds like an odd problem. It could be a slide style or an image or the interaction of the two that's the problem. Or, it could simply be one of those odd situations that crop up now and then ... completely out of the blue.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting