Switch to full style
Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Post a reply

Video showing only as a sliver

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello,

PSP6 here. I have a video that creates an iso image fine. But when I play the image, some videos (not all) show up as a sliver. The slide lasts the right duration, just the video is only partially visible (maybe 5% max). On multiple iso creations, different videos are affected. So, sometimes one works, sometimes it does not. Happens to mts and mov files. I have tried deleting the pxc file, with no luck.

Any ideas,

Rich

Re: Video showing only as a sliver

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 am

I have not seen that one before. The fact that creating multiple ISO files gives different results seems suspicious. Are you using the latest build (6.0.3410) or a different one? Are the video files from the same source ? Video can be a funny duck - often they have different quirky properties depending on the camera that created them. I know with avi files, that the "avi" file type is just a container and can contain many different actual video types with different codecs. I think the same applies to MOV files although I don't have much experience with them.

mikey

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Mikey,

Yes, the build is current. One file type is from and Olympus point and shoot and the other a Sony DSLR.

Rich

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:26 pm

OK. Since I have not seen this before (and don't remember any one else commenting on it), probably the best thing to do is contact Photodex support tomorrow - either email or phone if you are in the US. They generally are pretty good - perhaps they know the answer or if not, would like to see the video files that are causing the problem although I am puzzled by the fact that it doesn't seem to give the same result each time. If you have a short show with the problem files in it and then without changing the show at all, create 2 or 3 different ISO files, do they have different failure modes? (testshow_01.iso, testshow_02.iso, etc.). Note that the free VLC player can play most iso files so you don't need to burn to disk.

mikey

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks Mikey. I contacted support.

I will try the multiple iso (I can't get vlc to work, but it works on iDeer trial.

I may also strip out the pics and just leave the videos, which may make finding patterns easier.

Rich

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

I wonder what the problem is with VLC ? I just opened an ISO I had created with VLC on my machine (win7/64) and it played fine including the menu (it even upgraded VLC to the latest version (2.1.5) with no problems)

mikey
Post a reply