Video showing only as a sliver

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Video showing only as a sliver

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Hello,

PSP6 here. I have a video that creates an iso image fine. But when I play the image, some videos (not all) show up as a sliver. The slide lasts the right duration, just the video is only partially visible (maybe 5% max). On multiple iso creations, different videos are affected. So, sometimes one works, sometimes it does not. Happens to mts and mov files. I have tried deleting the pxc file, with no luck.

Any ideas,

Rich

Re: Video showing only as a sliver

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 am

I have not seen that one before. The fact that creating multiple ISO files gives different results seems suspicious. Are you using the latest build (6.0.3410) or a different one? Are the video files from the same source ? Video can be a funny duck - often they have different quirky properties depending on the camera that created them. I know with avi files, that the "avi" file type is just a container and can contain many different actual video types with different codecs. I think the same applies to MOV files although I don't have much experience with them.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby rrogers44 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Mikey,

Yes, the build is current. One file type is from and Olympus point and shoot and the other a Sony DSLR.

Rich

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:26 pm

OK. Since I have not seen this before (and don't remember any one else commenting on it), probably the best thing to do is contact Photodex support tomorrow - either email or phone if you are in the US. They generally are pretty good - perhaps they know the answer or if not, would like to see the video files that are causing the problem although I am puzzled by the fact that it doesn't seem to give the same result each time. If you have a short show with the problem files in it and then without changing the show at all, create 2 or 3 different ISO files, do they have different failure modes? (testshow_01.iso, testshow_02.iso, etc.). Note that the free VLC player can play most iso files so you don't need to burn to disk.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby rrogers44 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks Mikey. I contacted support.

I will try the multiple iso (I can't get vlc to work, but it works on iDeer trial.

I may also strip out the pics and just leave the videos, which may make finding patterns easier.

Rich

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

I wonder what the problem is with VLC ? I just opened an ISO I had created with VLC on my machine (win7/64) and it played fine including the menu (it even upgraded VLC to the latest version (2.1.5) with no problems)

mikey

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting