DVD show is a bit larger than the TV screen??

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

DVD show is a bit larger than the TV screen??

Postby Sandivar » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:59 am

Hi,

I searched but couldn't find an answer to this question: I produced a widescreen show in PSP, and the HD MP4 is flawless. However, when I made the DVD iso, the result is that all the edges of the show are off the screen... It's like if you took a picture and then put a border on top of it--you would not see the edges of the picture due to the border.

The problem is that I used the whole screen when I built the show--the images and text go right to the edge. So, while the MP4 is great, some of the information on the DVD cannot be seen.

Is there a fix to this that would be easier than adjusting nearly every picture and text throughout the whole show? (Settings are for 16x9, DVD set to HQ-Maximum, my version is PSP 6.0.3410).

Thanks!

Esteemed Member

Re: DVD show is a bit larger than the TV screen??

Postby JBD » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 am

How about adjusting the TV aspect ratio?

Postby debngar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 am

If what JBD suggested doesn't solve the problem, read the section in the manual that explains the "safe zone". At this point, you may have to re-adjust your slide contents to fit inside that zone for the tv the show will be displayed on to avoid the edges. That's one of those things one needs to take into account when sizing and placing images and captions in the design of a slideshow. This is more of a problem on 4:3 TVs than newer 16:9 TVs. But it's still a good habit to avoid the edges during show construction.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 am

Hello Sandivar,

... all the edges of the show are off the screen

... and in Pro Show screen are the same or can you see all edges?

If you set your show for 16:9 and the pictures fill frame normal shall left and right cut your pictures.

Best regards Dieter

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting