audio clipped

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

audio clipped

Postby jaywils » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:44 pm

I made a show that has multiple soundtracks, some tricky fading in and out. But the last one is a simple stand-alone 17 second audio but the last 2 seconds get clipped. I double checked the audio file and it's complete. When I playback viewing the timeline the play head clearly moves over the whole file but the audio drops out for the last 2 seconds. This is driving me nuts.

Re: audio clipped

Postby cherub » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Does this 17 seconds audio start at precisely 0 seconds? or do you have an offset on it, or some "start audio here" or "end audio here" marker ?
Do you have a total of 2 seconds offset on some of the other soundtracks?
Are you using Producer ver. 6 ?

Postby Oldguy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:37 am

Also, your last picture must have enough time to allow the
sound to continue.

Forrest

Postby jaywils » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:53 am

Yes, I am using version 6.0.3410. There is plenty of tail for the audio (otherwise part of the waveform would be grayed out).
It does have an offset but the start and end points are fully extended.

As I said I can SEE the play head moving over the "dead" part of the audio. I tried changing the .6 offset to 0, to a -2, and it made no difference. The same point was clipped. Other audio files have various offsets so that they overlap and it works fine (hearing both tracks)

I double-clicked the audio file to activate my audio editor and checked to see that there WAS audio, and saved it again to overwrite the file. Still the same

Jay

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am

The reason I asked those questions is that I had a similar experience and reported it to Photodex. They acknowledged a bug in Producer 6, that is related to trimming and offsetting the soundtrack. Photodex promised to fix this issue in a future release.
I'm not sure from your description that this is what's happening in your case, but you might try the following:
Remove your last audio track, and insert it once again. Use the new feature "Fade Soundtrack at the end of Show" option in the Soundtrack window, instead of "End track here".
If this doesn't solve the problem, try to trim your 17 sec track in a 3rd party audio editor, such as the free Audacity, and then to insert it in Producer.

Postby jaywils » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks you so much Cherub!

Your solution of: Remove your last audio track, and insert it once again. Use the new feature "Fade Soundtrack at the end of Show" option in the Soundtrack window, instead of "End track here" worked!

I had long ago given up contacting Photodex for tech support because all I seemed to get were cut-and-paste answers. It's really good to get responses from the world community.

Jay Wilson
Santa Cruz, CA

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Great! I'm very glad that we managed to find the problem. As I said, this is a bug in Producer 6 that awaits correction.
Good luck with your show. :D

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting