Removing Duplicate Styles

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Removing Duplicate Styles

Postby Jaco » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 am

I am in the process of cleaning up my slide styles. Apparently over the years I downloaded many duplicate styles. When I go to build a show the same style may be listed two three or four times. I would like to remove the duplicates. The styles do not all reside in the same folder. My question is - Does any one know if I remove the duplicate styles and keep only 1 copy of that style, and have used that style in a completed show, if I try to edit that show and the copy of the style I used was removed, will the remaining copy of that style be used or will I have a problem. Thank you Jaco

Re: Removing Duplicate Styles

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Are you sure that what you see are true duplicates?
Normally, if you install slide styles through Producer itself, you get a notification that the style already exists in your list. The program also asks you if you want to overwrite that style.

Sometimes there are various versions of the same style, to be used in different ways: for example for 16x9 shows and/or for 4x3 shows. Or for landscape pictures and/or portrait pictures. Or there may be some minor differences between the styles for example light background and/or dark background. Or simple and/or montage, etc. etc.

If you didn't get any notifications, it means that the program is "unaware" of your duplicates, so if you are trying to delete something that was used in a show, the program will not detect the other style that you think is a duplicate.
You may get error messages about missing files, particularly if the styles also include backgrounds, video, decorative frames and masks, or any other additional graphic file that was used in the style.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting