When customizing a style i lose presets...

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

When customizing a style i lose presets...

Postby Nicole0717 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Hello all,
I am new to pro show my partner isn't however there is a lot he doesn't know either so I am learning everything about it. I began creating my own slides and I am having problems. We do memorial videos for a funeral home and we always start with Glowing tile montage. We have similar captions and identical settings for each caption position and photos. I put in our normal settings and saved it however the photos that we put are supposed to repeat automatically at the bottom for the main photos which works with the main style but not the one I customized. Can anyone tell me if I can fix this it would make our typical 2 hours of time so much quicker. Thank You!

Re: When customizing a style i lose presets...

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

I very much hope that I understand your problem :D

For duplicates to work correctly in a slide style, they must contain EXACTLY the same picture as the main layers.
By "exactly the same", I mean not only that the picture should look the same, and have the same name, but also that it needs to be placed, on your computer, exactly in the same place - the same path.

I think that in your case, since you create a new slide style from an already existing one, some pictures originate in the style path, while others come from a different place on your computer. So, when you save this slide as a style, Producer "thinks" that some images are different, and not duplicates.
You can check this by hovering with your mouse over each layer. In the pop-up next to the layer, you will see the exact path of each file.

What you need to do, is to make sure that all the layers with the same image number, are based on the same file.

To give you an example, all the following layers should contain absolutely the same image:
Scrolling Landscape Image 2
Scrolling Image 2 Glow
Background Image 2

You must do this for all the main layers and their respective duplicates.

When you are sure that the slide is correct, you can save it as a new style with whatever name you wish to give it.

Hope this helps.

Postby Nicole0717 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Thank You!
So if I am doing this for multiple people and pictures I can't preset my font size and placing as well as font type? For example since I do funeral slides I wanted to set font size the bottom 4 pictures to be vignetted and the position I want my captions to appear. So when I do the Next show I can just add photos and be done. That's why I thought if I did all these things and saved it would work.

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:58 pm

The term "preset" is not something that is used in ProShow, but I do understand what you mean.

Saving your slide as a slide style will preserve EVERYTHING in it: Captions, fonts, positioning, effects (motions and adjustments) and location.
All that is in your slide will become available in your new show, if and when you apply the style.

There is no option in ProShow to preserve just the characteristics of a caption, without the text itself. The text will be included in the slide.
Because of this you should use generic titles when you save your slide - something like "Title here", Subtitle here". In this way, when you use the style, it will be obvious to you that you need to change that text. Once you do that, the new caption will look and act according to the style - same font , size, location and effects.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting