Lost slidestyles & shows with new PC

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Lost slidestyles & shows with new PC

Postby judyfirth » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi there. I'm fairly sure this has been mentioned before but I cannot find an old post with an answer.

I've recently bought a new laptop which is Windows 8 notebook. I downloaded version 5 onto my new laptop which is the version I had on my old computer.
It works with the registration key numbers etc but my problem is that it doesn't have any of my previous shows plus all the slidestyles I've bought over the years from photodex and from Choice Slides.

I've been in touch back and forwards with emails to the help desk at photodex but still can't get anywhere. So, I upgraded to 6 and thought that might fix the problem, but it's still the same with now having version 6 on both notebooks but none of my saved shows & slidestyles. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this without having to go back and download all the slidstyles again. Not too concerned about the saved shows as I have most of them saved as iso's.

Thanking you.
Judy

Re: Lost slidestyles & shows with new PC

Postby cherub » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 pm

judyfirth wrote:... Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this without having to go back and download all the slidestyles again....Judy

Hi Judy,
I'm a bit surprised that you are saying that the people at Photodex support were unable to help you.

You see Judy, for things to work on a new computer, they must first of all, be installed there.
So, there are only two options to get your styles on the new computer:

1. Copy them from your old computer and install them on the new computer.
OR
2. Download them again from wherever you got them in the first place, and install them.

Whichever works for you. There are no other options.

Although you didn't mention my site in your original post, you did purchase styles and transitions from me too. I can send you new links to download everything once again.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 am

In addition to what Mona said, all of your missing old shows are where you saved them on the old PC. You will need to copy them over to the new PC - Proshow itself does not keep track of where you saved your shows. Depending on how you saved your old shows (and where the images/sound/etc. are), that can be a bit of effort to accomplish. When I create shows, I create a folder for the show on my "Projects" drive then in sub-folders under that folder, I put copies of the images, sound, video etc. That makes it easy to copy the folder to a new machine and everything still works - otherwise, if images etc. are not in the same folder (or a sub-folder of that folder) for the show, you will have to resolve the new locations of all the files in your shows. Check out the "collect show files" option under "Tools" for one way to collect all the files used in a show in one place so you can move it to another machine etc (requires you to still be able to run Proshow on the old machine).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby judyfirth » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks Mikey & Mona. That all makes sense and I should have realised that.

I'll get downloading all I can and if I have any problems locating the one's from you Mona, I may send you a message for the link if that's O.K.

Thanks again.
Judy

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting