Producer- changes to image order

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Producer- changes to image order

Postby Philphoto » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 am

Hi, I'm not a big user of PSP but I use it occasionally to display weddings (about 100 images at a time) I let the Wizard do all the work but a great annoyance is that the program reverses the order of pairs of clips at various points, for instance the bride and dad walking into church FOLLOWED by the preceding shot of them sat inside the wedding car - this makes the whole show nonsense.
My version is 5.03280 and the image file numbering is correct. Any ideas please?

Re: Producer- changes to image order

Postby debngar » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 am

I don't know why the wizard doesn't always maintain the order of images and videos that the user wants during initial compilation. If it's a bug, until it's fixed, it should be easy to select the slide, cut, then paste into the desired position in the slide timeline.

Contacting Photodex regarding this issue might result in more useful information. But I think it's a quirky thing that may need to be addressed if it hasn't by the newer version already available.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:26 am

I have had the same problem whenever I use the wizard. My work around for this is when I have the slides in the order I want, I highlight them all and on the top menu open the slide section and hit remix selected slides with wizard I then pick my theme and sit back and let the wizard take over. Everything stays in the order I put them in. I hope this helps you, but I agree that Photodex should address this problem.

Postby Philphoto » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 am

Thanks for coming back Debbie - I'll do what you suggest but it's a real nuisance. I've trashed three dvds today because I didn't notice various reverses of order. Nice pet pics on your site by the way! Best wishes, Phil

Postby Philphoto » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am

nantory wrote:I have had the same problem whenever I use the wizard. My work around for this is when I have the slides in the order I want, I highlight them all and on the top menu open the slide section and hit remix selected slides with wizard I then pick my theme and sit back and let the wizard take over. Everything stays in the order I put them in. I hope this helps you, but I agree that Photodex should address this problem.

Thanks for the response but doesn't this just move the problem potentially to a different location? That's what happened to me...

Postby Philphoto » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:02 pm

debngar wrote:I don't know why the wizard doesn't always maintain the order of images and videos that the user wants during initial compilation. If it's a bug, until it's fixed, it should be easy to select the slide, cut, then paste into the desired position in the slide timeline.

Contacting Photodex regarding this issue might result in more useful information. But I think it's a quirky thing that may need to be addressed if it hasn't by the newer version already available.

I'm not always able to select the out of sequence slide as sometimes the program seems to combine two or three images into one slide. I can select the "multiple" slide and ask the wizard to re-mix it however. I have emailed Photodex. We'll see if there's a response. The only way to avoid this bug is to use a simpler, less elaborate "theme" such as full frame.

Postby debngar » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Philphoto wrote:Thanks for coming back Debbie - I'll do what you suggest but it's a real nuisance. I've trashed three dvds today because I didn't notice various reverses of order. Nice pet pics on your site by the way! Best wishes, Phil

I can understand the frustration, especially with a large show. The other possible work around might be to leave out the video clips until the still shots are compiled in the order you want, then drag in the clips one at a time to the places they should show up on the slide timeline.

Also good to do final review before render and burning to avoid wasting DVD. It takes longer, but saves the waste in the long run. :D
Debbie

Postby Philphoto » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:42 pm

debngar wrote:
Philphoto wrote:Thanks for coming back Debbie - I'll do what you suggest but it's a real nuisance. I've trashed three dvds today because I didn't notice various reverses of order. Nice pet pics on your site by the way! Best wishes, Phil

I can understand the frustration, especially with a large show. The other possible work around might be to leave out the video clips until the still shots are compiled in the order you want, then drag in the clips one at a time to the places they should show up on the slide timeline.

Also good to do final review before render and burning to avoid wasting DVD. It takes longer, but saves the waste in the long run. :D

There is no video, only stills, sorry if I did not explain properly. My shows are fast moving up to 100 stills in 3-4 minutes against a single music track. I've sat through a show several times prior to burning but so easy to miss out of sequence images. I tried to report a problem via the program help menu, wrote the text and the PS tried to compile the show for sending but nothing happened after several hours so I guess no response from them. Is this forum an "official" PSP forum or just a private one? I might try to email them direct.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:49 am

This forum is independent of Photodex - they do occasionally snoop here I believe, but it is not supported by them. They usually do respond well to either phone calls or emails to their support. I have not observed your problem myself, but it certainly sounds like something that should be reported to them. As for watching your own shows and looking for errors, I know what you mean - it is easy to watch the same error 4 or 5 times and not see it until someone else points it out (and they can be obvious spelling errors etc too). Nothing like another set of eyes to "peer review" your work.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 am

[quote There is no video, only stills, sorry if I did not explain properly. /quote]

When I saw the word "clip", that to me meant video clip, not still shots. Thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Yes, it's annoying. I would do as Mikey suggested and contact Photodex support directly. Since this particular show is so large, maybe submitting a much smaller test example would result in a successful send. Either way, give them a call first if possible and they might better direct you.

Since you're using an older version, maybe it's been recently fixed in V6. I rarely use the wizard so don't know if the bug has been fixed in version 6, but that may be the solution - to upgrade. Photodex would likely be able to say one way or another.
Debbie

Postby Philphoto » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:13 am

debngar wrote:[quote There is no video, only stills, sorry if I did not explain properly. /quote]

When I saw the word "clip", that to me meant video clip, not still shots. Thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Yes, it's annoying. I would do as Mikey suggested and contact Photodex support directly. Since this particular show is so large, maybe submitting a much smaller test example would result in a successful send. Either way, give them a call first if possible and they might better direct you.

Since you're using an older version, maybe it's been recently fixed in V6. I rarely use the wizard so don't know if the bug has been fixed in version 6, but that may be the solution - to upgrade. Photodex would likely be able to say one way or another.

Thanks Debbie and Mikey,re the upgrade, well I don’t think they’ll let me have a free one at this time! I went through a similar annoyance with various video editing programs. As soon as you’ve downloaded your purchase you are bombarded with offers to “upgrade”, for a fee of course, with suggestions that the bugs will all be ironed out. If you ignore them it is left to clever folk like yourselves on various forums to provide work- arounds to problems that should never exist- usually basic stuff as well (such as file sequences here).
If you do upgrade often they move things around on the interface for no good reason (so you will think you have bought something totally new) which means you have to re-learn certain things which hitherto have been reflexes. Just a simple example - I recall my “upgraded” email program that removed the “Send and Receive” button from the top left where it had been for years and years to an obscure “Get Mail” icon hidden in a menu tray – Great!
I’ve emailed Photodex – if they send me the solution I will let you know – but I won’t pay for an upgrade. I’m afraid they and other software manufacturers will have to carry on best they can without a regular cash injection from me.
Sorry for ranting it’s my age you know!!!!!!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 pm

While I understand your concern about the "upgrade game" (I went through that for several cycles with Acronis - them promising to fix the bugs, but somehow, they didn't get fixed ... but hurry and get the next release. I gave up on them and wrote off my initial purchase as well as the cost of several "upgrades" (new bugs)). Photodex does not do that that we have seen - you get a year of free upgrades to any new release after your most recent purchase. I have not found any hidden garbage like some others do, simply bug fixes in general. If there is a new major release in that year, you get it for free as well. The last time around, they did re-arrange the UI quite a bit which irritated quite a few folks, however, most of them, after grumbling, seem to feel it was a good move. I have also not (to the best of my knowledge) found myself on additional mailing lists as others have been known to do. Only you can decide if the upgrade works for you, but I don't see a downside to the upgrade.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting